Recent BSOD errors when using more than one core on Windows 7 Ultimate

Merriman56

Currently running a Quad core i5 3.3GHz x 4 and 4 gigs of RAM, recently having any more than 1 core enabled caused my computer to blue screen, It's not an instant thing, but sure enough upon logging in using any processes that require for CPU usage cause all programs to go not responding and freeze up the computer then eventually blue screen and crash. I disabled all but one core and everything seemed to work fine except for 3 of the cores I paid for not being put to use. The dmps. exceed the forum's posting limit, any direction in how to post such a large file would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Zip those files (max 5) into one Zip file and attach. Zipping should compress in order to do so.

Have you overclocked this processor?

Thank you, here is the first BSOD dmp file and the most recent, I believe they are the same and no I have done nothing to this computer since I bought besides updating the Mobo Bios not too long ago.

Attachments

• 041911-19734-01.zip
    26.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 051911-19188-01.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 2
I purchased it January of this year so its pretty much brand new, and no I don't believe I have, how would I go about doing so?

First, I would say that since this is still under warranty they - whoever you purchased it from - need to fix this. There is no way this should be happening. Something is very wrong.

However, let's do a hard drive diagnosis first.

1. Find the make of your harddrive.

2. Then go to their website and find their free harddrive diagnostic utility.

3. Burn this file to a CD.

4. Place CD in your harddrive and reboot (you may have to place your CD/DVD drive as first bootable in the BIOS). The test should take over. Make sure you run the long test.

* Unfortunately I must leave now for a few hours. I'll check in sometime this evening.

Okay, your two error codes are as follows:

0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
A page of kernel data was not found in the pagefile and could not be read into memory. This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers, firmware, or hardware.

0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many.

The second error is why I had you run a harddrive test. I want you to do the following and pay attention to any Yellow Triangles and especially Red Xs and note what they flag...

Start > Run > type in EventVwr.msc > Okay

* Have you recently been infected?

I rant he Event Viewer and see 3 boxes, one labeled Summary of Administrative Events, another labeled Recently Viewed Nodes and Log Summary is the last, but I see no Red X's or yellow triangles anywhere. And I've had virus protection on this computer for about 2 months now and nothing has been reported about an infections.

I will do that tonight before I go to sleep, and let you know the results by tomorrow, I appreciate all the help and time you are spending to help me, Thanks a bunch.

You're welcome. Look forward to reading your results. If it comes back clean my very best advice to you is to return your PC, explain to them your issues, that your minidumps were read and give them the error codes.

And whatever you do don't let them tell you it is your issue and that they won't fix it.

The full sweep came back clean. I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer explaining the errors, and am awaiting a response. If they don't respond by next week I'll contact them by phone. Once again thanks for all the help, I'll make sure to let you know what they say or what they suppose to error is caused by.

Back