Receving blue screen when launching a game

Jackson Robbins

Hello, whenever I launch a game on my computer, it goes to a blue screen and reboots. Yesterday I was playing fine, so I'm not sure what the cause could be. I've updated my video card graphics, ran windows updates, ran memory diagnostic, and did disk defragment. I still receive the same problem. I will be lurking this thread, so I'll provide any requested information that may be needed.

Your video driver is causing this. See if you can update this driver fro your laptops support website With laptops we only really need make and model

Okay, laptop is acer aspire 5755G-6841. I've updated the NVIDIA graphics drivers as well.

Okay, now it's gotten to the point where I can play for a little bit, but the graphics are all jittery. In the corner, I'm getting a popup saying "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered". Then, after a while of playing, it blue screens again.

Post any new minidumps by going to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder here

Sorry, this one should work.

Also, I've figured out what contributes to the problem. Whenever I alt-tab then tab back in is when the graphics start to turn jittery. But then, sometimes whenever it's launched, it blue screens as usual.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 1
This is a laptop so the graphics "card" may be part of the motherboard. It may be over heating. The graphics chip is cooled along with the CPU using a heat-sink and thermal paste or pads. These thermal pads or paste wear out over time

The computer isn't overheating. It used to, but about a year ago I started putting an actual fan next to the video card vent, and that seems to cool it down.

Back