Recommend me a SATA III SSD please

Sarmad

Hi,

I'm looking for an internal SATA III SSD to replace the existing 120 GB SSD on my main computer, and would please like to have recommendations. My existing SSD is running out of space (few years of build-up of User files, updates, etc) so I'm looking for one of higher capacity, around 480 GB. The drive is mainly for running the OS (Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit which will soon be upgraded to Windows 10). Most of my software is installed on separate HDD; the only software that goes on the SSD is frequently-used software, software that can benefit from fast load-up time, and certain software that can only be installed on C drives. Can anyone please recommend one for me, which should be reliable and with fast read and write speeds? One I started looking at is 480 GB Sandisk Ultra II Performance at £103.54 with 550 MB/s read and 500 MB/s write. Then someone bought the 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO at £119.82 with 540 MB/s read and 520 MB/s write, slightly slower read than the Sandisk but faster write. The URL's giving info to the two drives are:
Sandisk: SanDisk Ultra II 480GB SATA 3 Performance SSD/Solid State Drive
Samsung: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA3 SSD/Solid State Drive

I am open to other recommendations.

Also, will having SSD of that capacity slow down the seek times therefore I'll be better looking at something of slower capacity (eg 240 GB)?

As well as general use (home office, surfing), I'm also using the computer for gaming and video editing.

Thanks.

Back