Recovery partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I am aware, you cannot do that. It may be that you are a little short on PC knowledge, so here goes for the main descriptions.

A restore partition is a hidden 'special' partition on your hard drive which is installed by the manufacturer of your PC, for example Dell, HP etc. By a certain combination of buttons pressed at boot-up, you can use this partition to completely reset your PC to factory condition if required. That is not a lot of use after a few months, as you have so much stuff you wont want to lose it....

If you have installed, or had installed, your operating system from a CD or DVD, you will not have this partition, but since you will have the original media in this case, it matters not at all.

On the other hand, it is very important to have a full backup of your hard drive, and also that you should take a backup quite frequently, like monthly. I rather suspect that is what you are really talking about, is it not?

If so, you should google for 'Norton Ghost' or 'Acronis true image' and gain more information. You will have to pay for either of those backup packages, but believe me, the day you need them, they will be worth their weight in gold.

Yes you are right, I am short on PC knowledge. I asked this question, because I have a HP desktop with that partition, and I though it can be useful.
Thanks for your tips. I will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back