Recycle Bin Acting Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXCellR8

So this is a first, meaning I've never seen this happen before. My Windows XP recycle bin icon on the desktop shows there is something contained, yet when I access it there's nothing there. If I click Empty Recycle Bin I get "Are you sure you want to delete WINDOWS?" If I click "Yes" i get an error reading "Cannot delete Dd9: Access is denied." What the hell is that? After I exit the error message i hear the sound that indicates something has been deleted but the bin appears full.

I've tried moving a blank text document into the bin and then deleting it, but it still says 2 files instead of what is visible (1 file) and the Dd9 error comes up again, followed by the deletion sound. Any ideas as to what could be happening? It's sort of strange...

^I don't really understand what that's telling me to do...

Do I make a batch file with that whole for %%n in (C D E F G H Z) do rd /s /q %%n:\recycled or is there a simpler way?

[EDIT]: Batch file failed miserably, and CCleaner didn't fix it either... going to try chkdsk on next boot up

Start > Run > CMD > ok

On the command prompt type in: rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin then press the Enter key

Then Restart

Note: Replace C: with any other drive/partition letter that you also have installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back