Red Alert 3 Lan connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty9231

Hi all...

Me and a friend have installed Ra3 and we are trying to play Lan. Now, my friend has a laptop, i have a desktop. We have the same versions, not the same serial, and we have the same workgroup-name. In the local lobby, he can see me, but i can't see him. If i create a game, he can see it, but if he joins, he get's the message: Connection Timed Out.

If anyone can help, it would be mutch apreciated!
(sorry for my bad English)

Hello all,

I have 2 computers that i am trying to play some LAN games on but have not been able to get them to "see" each other. I can not see the other computers on the network to share files, folders or play games.

Computer #1 is a Windows XP machine that i have directly connected to a Netgear wireless router. I have renamed the workgroup to be WORKGROUP. It's using Local Area Connection 3 with a Marvell Yukon PCI ethernet controller #2.

Computer #2 is a Vista machine using WORKGROUP as its workgroup name. It's connected to the internet via the Netgear wireless router though the signal strength is usually quite poor even though the machines are not far from each other at all.

When trying to play games such as Red Alert 3 or The Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle Earth across the LAN, computer #1 can not 'see' computer #2 within the game at all.

If i create a game with computer #1, the #2 machine does 'see' computer #1's game, however when i try to join that game, it says "connection timed out."

If i try to create the game using computer #2, then computer #1 can not even see the game on the list to even try to connect to it.

Does anyone know what i can do other then make sure both computers are using the same workgroup name?

Thank you for the help.

Just a small question, no answer or solution, but is one of the 2 machines a Laptop, and the other a desktop?

Just to rule out the chance the laptop doesn't see the desktop or visa versa..

please help..my wife and I would like to play RA2 via lan. she use laptop and mine is desktop. we both configured our IPX and we both see each other in the player list.

The problem now is that whenever I start a new game for the lobby..her machine automatically disconnect or gone in the player list and vice versa if she would start a new game.

We both use xp..we use hub..and we do not know if both of our machine is slave and we don;t know how to make a machine a master or a server...please give advice..thanks so much

did you already use the discover vista patch from microsoft so you can c the other comp on your network wile not gaming. if so sorry cant help but i had the same probleme with my lpt and my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back