Red Dead Redemption 2 comes to PC on November 5

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member
Highly anticipated: It's finally coming. The long awaited PC version of Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption 2 is releasing next month. The winner of several gaming awards, just missing out on the DICE GotY, will be worth playing again with its graphical enhancements and extra content. Get your GPUs ready to turn up the settings.

We knew it was coming eventually, and now Rockstar has made it official with the announcement that Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to the PC this fall. The game will have exclusive bonuses for those willing to pre-order it through Rockstar's game launcher.

Pre-order bonuses include the Outlaw Survival Kit, War Horse, a treasure map, and a cash bonus for Story Mode. They will also get 50 gold bars for Red Dead Online. Pre-orders of the premium editions receive a $20 discount.

Not everybody is keen on proprietary launchers, so Rockstar is sweetening the deal. Players pre-ordering through them between October 9 and October 22 get the choice of two free games. Titles include:

• Grand Theft Auto III
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • Bully: Scholarship Edition
  • LA Noire: The Complete Edition
  • Max Payne 3: The Complete Edition

Additionally, if customers download the launcher by October 8, they can get GTA: San Andreas for free, potentially extending the free game offering to three titles.

For those still not interested in using Rockstar's launcher, Red Dead Redemption 2 is also releasing on the Epic Games store, Green Man Gaming, Humble, GameStop, and other digital retailers. However, ordering through third-party vendors reduces the gold bar bonus from 50 to 25.

Even if you have already played the console version of RDR2, the PC version might be worth grabbing anyway. It will have graphical improvements, technical enhancements, new Bounty Hunting missions, Gang Hideouts, Weapons, and other added Story Mode content.

Red Dead Online for PC also has all the improvements and content that has been released on consoles, including Bounty Hunter, Trader, and Collector roles to play through and more.

Red Dead Redemption for PC pre-orders through the Rockstar launcher start at 11am ET on October 9. Other select retailers will take orders beginning October 23. The game launches on November 5, but won't be coming to Steam until December. It will also be available on Stadia as a launch title sometime in November.

Permalink to story.

Ehh, game is dead. They should of released this at the same time as consoles.
Won't be buying this just for that reason.

Sounds good. I have no beef with using this launcher/store - they didn't set out to deceive consumers. But I'm in no rush to play the game so I may get it on GMG or Steam.

Woohoo! Been waiting for this! Pretty much the only non-VR game other than maybe a GTA 6 I'll buy now. Hopefully they make a VR version but I doubt it...

I hope they put the same amount of effort into releasing a solid, reliable product this time like they did with GTA 5 for PC. It was definitely worth the wait.

All that said I'll still wait for it on Steam, as I've waited this long what is another couple months.

Ehh, game is dead. They should of released this at the same time as consoles.
Won't be buying this just for that reason.
Speak for yourself...

I agree though that PC version should be released at same time but if you want it badly enough I guess you'll play it on console. Did you play it on console?

"Pre-order bonuses include:
Outlaw Survival Kit
War Horse
treasure map
cash bonus for Story Mode
50 gold bars
reduce the gold bar bonus from 50 to 25"

More like: "Give us your money now or we'll make you grind even more"

Charging for cheat codes seems to be the gaming scene objective rather than fun. Stuff like this used to be free.

If you have to Pay2Win, you've already lost. More like Pay2Cheat.

Some of my gamer friends have a console and looked like a neat game, although it is old news now. I'm not really much interested. I will look into it.

Red Dead Redemption 2, also available for girls under the title, Horsey hoes and Pony Princesses.

I have to say, the game is rather well detailed, amazing, and loving it on PS4, can't see what I would get out of buying it on PC, but maybe.
The whole gold bars thing ? Have played hours and hours of this game, and I am still using dollars, and have no idea about gold bars. So I don't think its a big deal in the grand scheme of thing.
But also don't care about what launcher I would use.

It is worth a play, it has some nice touches, like setting a waypoint, and having ya horse just ride you out there in a cinematic view. I do enjoy it.

But I can't say it's amazing, I spend a lot of time playing, simply because it is such a grind.

Only a month-long delay between Steam launch and other platforms is much better than what we've been dealing with. I'll gladly pick this up on Steam in December. I loved it on PS4 but I purposefully stopped myself from finishing it because I wanted to experience it at 60+ FPS. 30 FPS felt like it was doing the game a disservice.

Speak for yourself...

I agree though that PC version should be released at same time but if you want it badly enough I guess you'll play it on console. Did you play it on console?

I do speak for myself, I never include anyone lol. Nah didn't play it on console, I was genuinely interested in getting it but since it didn't come to PC that faded away. The only way I will play it is if its free and I really don't feel like torrenting yet.

The whole gold bars thing ? Have played hours and hours of this game, and I am still using dollars, and have no idea about gold bars. So I don't think its a big deal in the grand scheme of thing.
Gold bars are for online. The premium currency.

Only a month-long delay between Steam launch and other platforms is much better than what we've been dealing with. I'll gladly pick this up on Steam in December. I loved it on PS4 but I purposefully stopped myself from finishing it because I wanted to experience it at 60+ FPS. 30 FPS felt like it was doing the game a disservice.

Smart IMO. A majority of the sales are going to be in the first month. After that they might as well let it release on steam to pickup additional sales from that platform. They keep some level of exclusivity without stepping on too many toes.

Gonna definitely buy this. I have never touched a console with a 10 ft pole, so for me it pretty didn't exist until they announced it for PC. :) Heard good things about it.

Why is everyone so excited to buy it on Steam? I avoid buying Steam games that require another program like Ubisoft and Rockstar games. Better to buy it on their native store, or from Humble or other keystore

Back