Red Dead Redemption 2 will get Nvidia DLSS and more online content next week

Humza

Staff member
Bottom line: There are possibly millions of screenshots of RDR2's beautiful wild west out there, and Rockstar's next week update will give players yet another reason to get busy: Nvidia DLSS. Cowboys and girls can be expected to dress and look sharper than ever before, with the Blood Money update adding much-needed content to the game's online mode, including new mission types, clothing, and a new underworld criminal from Saint Denis.

Red Dead Redemption 2 will finally receive Nvidia DLSS support next week, giving RTX-equipped PCs a nice boost in frame rates and image quality. Rockstar's much-awaited Blood Money update to the open-world western also brings new content for Red Dead Online when it lands next week.

Cowpokes know by now to not expect much in the way of RDR2's single player DLC, given Rockstar's GTA-like treatment of the game. However, the arrival of Nvidia DLSS combined with an epic tale of redemption will likely prompt another replay.

As for Red Dead Online, Rockstar aims to alleviate lack of content complaints with the upcoming Blood Money update, which introduces players to Guido Martelli, a new underworld criminal and right-hand man to Angelo Bronte. He'll be recruiting gunslingers to recover 'Capitale,' a new currency that will unlock more types of missions.

Once players have collected enough 'Capitale' through coach holdups, multi-stage robberies and other crimes -- either solo or as a posse -- Martelli will send them off to deal with a problematic Lemoyne politician as part of 'Opportunities.'

There's also a new Quick Draw Club, which is essentially a season pass broken down into 'four rapid-fire passes' that will arrive in consecutive installments over the coming months. Moreover, players who previously missed out will be able to dress their characters like Van der Linde gang members in future updates to the game.

Permalink to story.

And another fluff article to maintain the dlss hype.

Yeap, this site is now run by nvidia marketing team.

What I got from people commenting on this forum is that it is run by all Nvidia, AMD and Intel marketing teams simultaneously.
I will be the first one to call them out on all that, but what I am observing is the daily fluff pro dlss/nvidia article and of course, not one word as to why is bad for customers or the industry.

then FSR is a way more industry friendlier option, which of course is not getting the same daily fluff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be the first one to call them out on all that, but what I am observing is the daily fluff pro dlss/nvidia article and of course, not one word as to why is bad for customers or the industry.

then FSR is a way industry friendlier option, which of course is not getting the same daily fluff.

They flock to the latest buzzwords like deep learning and AI.

then FSR is a way industry friendlier option, which of course is not getting the same daily fluff.

Have you seen demos of FSR vs DLSS? FSR might be easier for developers to implement but it also looks like a potato.... DLSS looks pretty damn close to the original image.

Have you seen demos of FSR vs DLSS? FSR might be easier for developers to implement but it also looks like a potato.... DLSS looks pretty damn close to the original image.
I have and it depends on the resolution. At 4k, both looks very good, but since you already knew that yet didnt mentioned, its clear that continuing arguing on this is useless.

and since you don’t understand what anti-consumer and lock-in tech means, then it’s really useless.

ps tell me how many games that have dlss you are CURRENTLY playing or its just you speaking on nvidia marketing team’s behalf?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all for dissing on NV whenever possible but DLSS is certainly not one of them. It really is beneficial to gamers already drunk of nvidia kool aid and ignoring their anti-consumer cr@p and lock-in tech.
Fixed it a bit for you.

Nice to see a free performance update.

This will benefit ppl with lower end RTX cards :)

I have and it depends on the resolution. At 4k, both looks very good, but since you already knew that yet didnt mentioned, its clear that continuing arguing on this is useless.

and since you don’t understand what anti-consumer and lock-in tech means, then it’s really useless.

ps tell me how many games that have dlss you are CURRENTLY playing or its just you speaking on nvidia marketing team’s behalf?
A bunch of assumption you just made. its clear that continuing arguing on this is useless.

I find it amusing that people are comparing DLSS to FSR. DLSS is so much better in practically every way, from image quality to game support that it’s not a comparison. FSR right now is non existent, it doesn’t recreate lost image data. It’s just a fancy sharpening filter. It will be good probably but it’s 5 years behind DLSS and DLSS has only been out for three years.

Actually what’s even funnier is that there are reprobates out there who at this point still think DLSS is a gimmick. Lol.

Back