Regeneration of HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tartaras

Hi All,

my friend brought me his laptop sony. All it was saying when i switched on was:
disk read error occured
press crtl+alt+del to reboot.
I have tryed bootfix, mbrfix and so on and ao on.
Nothing helped, so i finished with booting it from hdd regenerator cd,
it is now 72 hours, it has scaned 8000 mb from 80gb disk, found 1 bad sector then second one and now is showing 72 bad sectors found, 0 recovered. It is going very slow after program found first bad sector, 1 sector every half hour...
Is that ok ? :) i hope it won't take all my life :)

Any suggestions, anyone had this situation before?

Thanks lads.

u are going to need a new harddrive to fix it, once a drive begins to show bad sectors it is just time till it is gone. do u have the disks that came with the lap top? if not u will need to download the drivers for it and burn them to cd/dvd and if u dont have the op system disk, u will have to get one.

u are going to need a new harddrive to fix it, once a drive begins to show bad sectors it is just time till it is gone. do u have the disks that came with the lap top? if not u will need to download the drivers for it and burn them to cd/dvd and if u dont have the op system disk, u will have to get one.

Yes i have disk that came with laptop. So what you are saying is that, is not worth it to wait until is scanned fully and just get new hdd for my laptop? :) that's what i thought is gonna to happen, thanks again.

Some HDD's can recover usuable sectors and give you usable space. I have a few really old ones missing a few gigs in lost sectors. It seems that if it takes longer than a few hours for anything less than 500gb in size then you aren't going to recover enough sectors to make it worth it, or the drive is just really inches away from death.

By the sounds of it, yours is the latter. Its going to need a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back