Reintroducing special ranks and new custom titles

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff
As a few of you have noticed, the special forum titles (scroll to the bottom) have gone largely unused for far too long. Those who currently wear the badges have been around for nearly a decade, and few if any people have been "promoted" in recent years – at least until now.

Starting today, we'll be handing out the following titles to deserving members: TechSpot Paladin, TechSpot Chancellor, and TechSpot Ambassador. To obtain these ranks, you must be a member for a minimum of one, two, or three years and remain in good standing during that time.

Of course, not everyone who meets those basic requirements will qualify. The special labels will be limited to members who are active and ultimately make this community what it is. In other words, folks who post twice a year probably shouldn't expect a new title.

Along with the existing ranks, we're happy to announce that some longstanding members will now be able to set their own custom title – be it "Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe" or otherwise. To receive a custom title, you'll need to be registered on the site for two or more years with at least 3,000 posts.

We'll try to remain as flexible as possible with the personal titles, but obviously things like profanity won't be permitted. If you're currently eligible for a custom title and have something in mind, check your user control panel for the option. Feel free to post all questions and feedback here.

If you are considering any special exceptions to the rules Matthew, I nominate Dividebyzero, I don't believe anyone has brought more technical knowledge to the site in the two years I have been here.

I agree, he brings us excellent knowledge and best thing is that, he is a really nice chap :)

Unfortunately, the rules you guys have outlined may not make him qualify just yet. But, I am sure there are many good people out there who will qualify for that. Thanks for including the whole TS community in this process, and hope best ones will be appreciated in due course.

One more bit Mathew, as we discussed, I suggest you guys to consider re-evaluating the hierarchy of different ranks/titles, whenever it is convenient. As such, one thing i can point out is to demote 'Evangelist' rank below guru, and elevate Guru to highest normal rank. Regards

red, Arch...many thanks for the ringing endorsements. I'd thought that a steady march towards unequivocal world domination was it's own reward, but public recognition is nice too.

I'd better find a troll to hammer flat before I tear up...

I'd thought that a steady march towards unequivocal world domination was it's own reward, but public recognition is nice too.
Actually public recognition is both a byproduct and a necessity in the quest to world domination. You didn't really think everybody would wake up one morning and simply acquiesce to it. Did you? You did?

I'd better find a troll to hammer flat before I tear up...
Can I come along and add insult to injury.....? Can I, huh, huh, can I....?

I was thinking more along the lines of domination via subversion...Illuminati style, using clueless puppets to manipulate society....how else do you explain Steve Jobs and Glenn Beck?
To be fair to Steve though, I should mention the the string controlling his mouth movement tangled with the string controlling his a** movement some years ago.

Speak Again, Sweet Lips.......Or, "Ouch, You Just Poked Out My Mind's Eye".....

Ah yes, when you're dealing with only two moving parts, of necessity, the food goes in the top, and opinion comes out the bottom..........

Although, it has to be mentioned, that if the next iPhone was advertised on Stevie's bare backside, it might ruin the concept of "selling with sex", for everybody, and for all time.

"I'm a PC, and I mean that sincerely"!

Interestingly I just noticed that Good Old Captain, DBZ and myself been given newer ranks, thanks for the surprise guys :)

@Captain
Well your comments about SJ are pretty much on the spot ;) however, I happen to know that there are people who take lots in at the top, and nothing comes out the bottom ........ and yet they want more and more of it.

@DBZ
World domination is nothing but an hallucination IMHO, but on the lighter side of it, you may get all your new pc hardware as 'gifts' ;)

This is good news indeed. I know i haven't posted much lately, between gaming sessions, college and going to work. We need 48-hour days

Very interesting how this thread mutated from one thing to another. Either way I like the custom titles for those who deserve it.

Well....NO...! The Manfred Mann version was only a cover of "Blinded by the Light", by Bruce Springsteen. You can find the original track on "Greetings From Asbury Park", Springsteen's first album.http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071022164012AAkz9GC

And in case you need a copy; http://www.amazon.com/Greetings-Asb...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280288569&sr=1-1

Boy! you were just waiting to jump on that one huh? :haha::p:wave:

and oh yeah! well.....well....Manfred Mann was the one I was quoting!.....so there!

Boy! you were just waiting to jump on that one huh? :haha::p:wave:

and oh yeah! well.....well....Manfred Mann was the one I was quoting!.....so there!
No, Bruce Springsteen was the person you were quoting by proxy....

Anyway, I always liked "Lost in the Flood" and "For You" from the "Asbury Park" album. I sort of found the big hit, "Spirit in the Night", rather annoying, like bubblegum.

"His countryside's burning with wolfman fairies, dressed in drag for homocide". Now, there's a "quotable quote". (From lost in the flood).

BTW, Greg Kihn did a great cover of, "For You".

At your command...

funny-pictures-darth-vader-cat.jpg

I just noticed this change today, I wondered how the hell I'd become a "Chancellor"... I guess this explains it!

Back