Relive the original Grand Theft Auto with this awesome fan-made film

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Grand Theft Auto is a mega franchise known for its massive open world and elaborate storylines but before the third game in the series propelled it to superstar status, GTA was a top-down game that rewarded players for stealing cars, killing innocent pedestrians and pulling off bank robberies.

If you need a refresher (or perhaps you aren't old enough to remember the originals), this fan-made GTA 2 remake filmed using an aerial drone sums it up perfectly.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

That's a heck of a lot of coordination with a very large number of folks over a pretty wide area. That's more like a whole neighborhood making this short film.

I remember the original very well, I loved it and wasted a lot of hours at work playing it. Ah yes, those were the days.

I appreciate the effort they put into making this short video. I've seen a lot of GTA3 - GTA5 parody in youtube, but this is the first time I've seen the GTA2 version.

I secretly hope there will be a fan-made playable 3D version of GTA2 one day.. :D

I appreciate the effort they put into making this short video. I've seen a lot of GTA3 - GTA5 parody in youtube, but this is the first time I've seen the GTA2 version.

I secretly hope there will be a fan-made playable 3D version of GTA2 one day.. :D

Gta 2 and 3D.. Hope it stays the way it is. A classic. A really really replayable classic.

Back