reMarkable 2 and Type Folio Review: Almost There

Nice review, and a great ideea to write about the wonderful world of e-readers. Thank you.
I suggest to check also Onix Boox e-readers tablets. They have Onix Boox Note Air2Plus, Boox Tab Ultra and Boox Tab Ultra C as competitors for reMarkable2. All of these have more options than reMarkable 2 and may be better for you. Also they have a better price for what they offer than reMarkable2. The only thing in which reMarkable 2 is little better is the writing feel, which is closer to the one on paper, but this depends on users preferences.
https://euroshop.boox.com/products/tab?variant=42480300228808

I am a passionate reader, I was reading on a Kobo Aura H2O for more than 5 years and decided to buy a new tablet ereader to also take notes. And I found Onix Boox Tab Ultra C being the best on the market overall, even better than reMarkable 2, at least for my preferences (taste). Having to choose betwen reMarkable 2 and Onix Boox Tab Utra C, I decided to buy Onix Boox Tab Ultra C (3 weeks ago). And I can confirm that Onix Boox Tab Ultra C is more than remarkable.
Pun intended. :cool:
If there were not be Onix Boox Tab Ultra on the market I would have bought reMarkable 2 too.
2nd pun :cool:

P.S. I think that is worth keeping us updated with more news about e-readers in general and of course about your experience with reMarkable.

Last edited:
We have been using our Remarkable and Remarkable tablet 2 devices for years. They are built very well and perform excellently. Mainly use them as note taking devices.

The biggest hurdle is that we cannot share multiple Remarkable devices on an account, thus we can't really collaborate. We are looking for an alternative.

I use something similar called a Supernote A5X. I'm fairly impressed with it. I'm not a writer but I do make copious "to do" lists on dozens of different projects. I used to wade knee deep through all the notes I made on A4 sheets and the Supernote mostly fixed the issue.

I'd prefer if it had a dedicated list tool where you could hide sub items and easily move list items around. It's possible but it's not as easy as I want. I believe the firmware is better on the Supernote but the hardware feels just that tiny bit plusher on the Remarkable2.

The android OS on the Boox looked a little hit and miss to me but it does offer more software - obviously not everything will work properly with an eink screen. I'd also like to try the Kindle ewriter but unfortunately it has a smaller screen.

These reviews are great! The reMarkable 2 has been out for quite some time but e-paper devices don't get the attention they deserve. If the premium models (like the reMarkable) were a little cheaper, or had better integration, this would be an easy impulse buy.

Back