Remove start up animation and sound in vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyhkuj

hello all.

Everytime I startup my laptop it's very slow, compared to when i first had vista.

I've noticed that the bit that takes the longest is when that animation with the vista orb is trying to play. Is there anyway to remove this so it can speed up?

Also, does removing the orb give you a boot performance boost at all?

Windows does (lots of) things in parallel when starting up. It's not like it initialises, then displays the animatrion, then plays the sound and then continues booting up. So getting rid of the animation will only help you save some CPU/disk cycles from playing the animation, not the play time of the clip.

You should take a look at all the things you run at startup and disable the useless ones. Also, try to remember which installed program or a setting change made the startup slow.

well i just went onto the event viewer of vista and found that vista error reporting was actually affecting my shutdown times but not my start up times. t

here's this video on youtube this guy started his pc up in 23 seconds but it takes me about 1 min to start vista up and then a further 2 mins for loading every software up.

I've only got the basic things: avg antivirus, zonealarm firewall, avg antispyware and msn live messenger. that's all. I even cut out vista sidebar to try to speed up everything but didn't really work.

But i don't really care about the start up times of the software, i only care about the boot times of the pc. Should i clear the superfetch folder because it's quite enormous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back