Removing Safari Browser from a W7 pc

learninmypc

A few months back I decided to try Safari browser but didn't like it so I went into Programs & Features & uninstalled it, or so I thought.
This past week I thought I'd try it again to see if it was any better & I was surprised to see it was as if I never uninstalled it.
Knowing Safari Browser is an apple browser, I started snooping around on my pc & saw a folder called Apple Software update. Question #1 is it necessary to have that folder & 2ndly is that why I can't completely uninstall Safari?
It doesn't help to do a search for Safari because I have tunes on here with that in the name.
So how do I get rid of the Safari browser?TIA

Try using Ccleaner to uninstall it. Safari browser and the Apple Software Update are two different things.

SlimCleaner remove it and clean out leftovers.. Deep leftovers I would use System Ninja (free)

Download this program: Should I Remove It? and see if that program can still detect Safari.
This program can remove the software, but you said you had removed it. Just wanted to see if it's still installed.

Download this program: Should I Remove It? and see if that program can still detect Safari.
This program can remove the software, but you said you had removed it. Just wanted to see if it's still installed.
If St1ckM4n suggestion don't work, I'll try your suggestion(s),thank you. :).

Well you need to know if any leftovers from this app is still on the system? You should also check the task scheduler to make sure there is not reference to load any updates. Are you using itunes also?

To the best of my knowledge, no itunes. "task scheduler"? Where do I find it?
I fiound task scheduler.

Is the software off your PC. What you can do is re-install it then uninstall it again!

Download IOBIT Uninstaller
Re-install Safari browser
Do not use Windows Uninstaller or Safari Uninstaller.
Use IOBIT Uninstaller use Force Mode to So it can remove all traces of Safari
Also make sure you don't have any Apple Software on there also Remove those with IOBIT. Uninstaller Free

Download IOBIT Uninstaller
Re-install Safari browser
Do not use Windows Uninstaller or Safari Uninstaller.
Use IOBIT Uninstaller use Force Mode to So it can remove all traces of Safari
Also make sure you don't have any Apple Software on there also Remove those with IOBIT. Uninstaller Free
Kindly re read post # 12.
As previously asked, why is this APPLE Update.JPG
on the pc if there is no Apple products? Now the original owner may of had itunes, but not me.:confused:

Safari browser and the Apple Software Update are two different things.

:p

Apple Software Update usually hangs around even after installing the application that came with it. Which is yet another reason why Apple products are so hated in the Windows world. :)

:p

Apple Software Update usually hangs around even after installing the application that came with it. Which is yet another reason why Apple products are so hated in the Windows world. :)
Ok, allow me to ask this. Does a Windows pc come with that apple folder on it or is it a result of somebody downloading an apple item? If it ONLY from someone downloading an apple product, will it hurt to remove it?

No, it's Apple junk and can be removed. It just provides an 'easy' way to update Apple applications.

The program can be installed with, e.g.: Safari, iTunes, Quicktime.

Ok, I don't know if the Original owner had an apple product on here or not, so I'll wait till after Friday to proceed. Thank you much . :)

I've seen New PCs with Apple support under the task scheduler. Depends on the manufacturer since most people have ipod. You can can removed all bloatware from PCs.

Free software called: pc-decrapifier

So this PC your working on was prior client PC or etc. Getting Apple Updates off the PC not that hard. Apple does install a lot of stuff you have to know what and where it located and then remove them. Most of the more power cleaners will get them off too. Or you can do it manually.

Under Services you would locate the service then open a dos prompt with run as admin then use the command: sc delete (service name) (note make sure service name dialog box is not open other wise this command will not work.

This is an HP pc. I know the original owner does not have an ipod nor does he like apple.
I've heard of pc-decrapifier. I'm the 2nd & final owner of this W7 pc.
If you're talking about services via right clicking task bar & Start Task Manager, I don't want to go that route again. If need be, I'll keep safari.
I'm going to put this thread on hold till Friday, thank you. :)

Back