Replace computer on network

bigwat

Ok so lately I've been having some network issues and so the numerous threads. Some of the pc's on the network recently needed repair [formatting options>repair] and so they were done but one of them was accidentally formatted instead of repair...

Thus it is lost from the network and so i need to put it back on. I dont know how to put it back on as it is connected to a server and so it's compliaceted to me ...

Any help Please!!!

Sounds like you want to add it to a domain controller, your not in charge of that are you, if not just contact the sys admin and they can deal with rejoining it to the domain

that's the funny thing i am a sys admin but i just dont know how to do it, we had called someone to set it up for us before... it is ran by an actual server and not just a normal computer as the server (as can be done) its really confusing...

Ok i got it, after i recover them(computers) i just went to my computer>properties>computer name, change the name and add it to the domain then reboot and that's it......... I hope..

oh i am happy.
OS: client: windows xp, server:Windows xp server....2003 i think

Back