Replacing zalman liquid with feser one

Status
Not open for further replies.

porsche911r

Hey guys just a quick question ive got a zalman lq1000 water cooling setup and was using the zalman coolant, its come to a point where i need to refill it because the water level shows its half empty.

I was just wondering if i bought some feser one stuff would it be ok or wud it mess up my rig??

Hope u can can help me !!

thanks .

tmagic sorry for the really late reply but no i still dont know what to do as i am scared of mixing the feser one stuff with the zalman stuff already inside.

but technically they both use the same stuff so i thought it shudnt make any difference but thts just a guess.

does any1 have any experiance in this field on what i can do??

thanks

technically it wouldnt hurt your system as long as they both have most of the same properties, same as mixing distilled with some feser. I've already looked up the issue as I'm building a watercooling rig and wondered the same thing.

hey magic thanks for replying LOL.

sooo im guessing mixing it with the old stuff is not a good idea??

draining the fluid - what methods can i use todo this on the zalman lq1000 seeming that all liquis cooling is built in :(.

also any idea what the flow rate generally shud be like 1,1.5,2.0 ??

You should be able to get the Zalman manual for this system on-line. It should have all the infomation you need

Its fine, ive got about 4 or 5 different coolants mixed inside my rig. most of them have the same chemical properties and if not they are very similar. all are produced to be none reactive so mixing them doesnt matter. ive also read somewhere that mixing certain ones in the right concentrations even gives better results.
the main ingredients are distilled water and biocides which can all be mixed.

Hope this helps

AFAIK, Feser GmbH specifically asks you not to mix Feser One with anything else. Also, mixing certain coolants can cause the boiling point of the resulting mixture to change, and distillation may also occur.

It's not safe to try and I do not recommend that you do so. Flush the entire system out and use the new coolant. I have personally used anti-freeze diluted with distilled water, with no problems for the duration of the setup. It's a cheap and easy way to cool your system, unless coolant is even cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back