Resident Evil 2 remake PC system requirements surface

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Recap: Capcom’s remake of Resident Evil 2 isn’t scheduled to arrive until early 2019 which, depending on how you perceive things, could play in your favor.

A profile for Resident Evil 2 recently cropped up over on Steam and with it comes our first look at the highly anticipated game’s minimum and recommended hardware specifications for PC. Fortunately, you won’t need a super stout machine to run the remake.

Minimum

• Processor: Intel Core i5-4660, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300 or better
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x with 2GB Video RAM
  • DirectX: Version 11

Recommended

• Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 or AMD FX-9590 or better
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 480 with 3GB RAM
  • DirectX: Version 11

The Steam listing has the game priced at $59.99 for the standard edition and $69.99 for the deluxe edition. That’s a bit more expensive than I would have guessed for a remake but perhaps the improvements will warrant the cost. The deluxe edition includes the main game and the Extra DLC Pack that comes with the following items:

• Leon Costume: "Arklay Sheriff"
  • Leon Costume: "Noir"
  • Claire Costume: "Military"
  • Claire Costume: "Noir"
  • Claire Costume: "Elza Walker"
  • Deluxe Weapon: "Samurai Edge - Albert Model"
  • "Original Ver." Soundtrack Swap

The Resident Evil 2 remake arrives on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on January 25, 2019.

Permalink to story.

For God's sake, Capcom. Settle down. How many REs are there now? And how many releases? I lost count about a decade ago. I know there's a zero and maybe a six? Is there a pre-zero?

This is almost as bad as Street Fighter. How many alpha, turbo, tournament, X, VS releases does a series need?

For God's sake, Capcom. Settle down. How many REs are there now? And how many releases? I lost count about a decade ago. I know there's a zero and maybe a six? Is there a pre-zero?

This is almost as bad as Street Fighter. How many alpha, turbo, tournament, X, VS releases does a series need?

As many as it takes to make money.

"Gentlemen, we need some fresh, creative, out-of-the-box thinking - what was considered cool in the 90s that we can re-release?" - Every media company boardroom in 2018.

"Gentlemen, we need some fresh, creative, out-of-the-box thinking - what was considered cool in the 90s that we can re-release?" - Every media company boardroom in 2018.

And they still wont re-release:

Dino Crisis
Perfect Dark
Golden Eye
Spyro
Legend of Dragoon
Etc.

Back