Resizing harddrives problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty9231

Hi,
I am having problems resizing one of my harddrives.
I need more space, so i use 10Gb from an un-used drive, and want to put it to a drive where it's needed. For that i use "Partition Magic", so i boot on CD-rom, and i resize, nothing goes wrong, resized, so i reboot. After reboot, the re-allocated memory should be on the drive where i put it, but it isn't there! How come? can somebody help me?

(btw: the drive i am taking memory from, is un-used. the drive i put it, is my Windows drive)

-Marty

Hi Marty

1. It would help to know more about your system specs, especially computer make/model and Operating System and Service Pack levels

2. I'd like to know the details on your current partitions. I haven;t used Partition Magic in years, so we can use Windows to tell us, But, i first need the info requested above.

Are you saying that you want the 10GB from an unused drive to be 'added' to your existing hdd storage?
If i understand you correctly, you can do this by converting your basic disks to dynamic ones in Computer Management.
Of course it does depend on what OS you are running etc as 'LookinAround' has pointed out.
To me its the easiest way to add storage ontothe same volume, if indeed that is what you want to do. No need for a separate drive letter then.
If

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back