Restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

xander223

i dont know if this is the right place i should place this thread, but i have a problem on my pc.. my pc suddenly restarts when i open a particular game.. i got a technical info. from BSOD or black screen of death..

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0X0000007F (0X00000008, 0XFA1C1D70, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

could anyone tell me what problem/s i have??
your help is very much appreciated..

Blue Screen Of Death

In most cases, this is usually a driver fault.

You will need to go to your manufactures support page and download the most up to date drivers for your computer

For further assistance on doing this:

Please put your System Specs in your Profile

You possible have too much heat and too little cooling, and inadequate video graphics card or port, too little memory, or a CPU fan that is starting to go bac... but it could also be drivers or an infestatin.

here's the full report

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Run a system diagnostic utility supplied by your hardware manufacturer.
In particular, run a memory check, and check for faulty or mismatched memory. Try changing video adapters.

Disable or remove any newly installed hardware and drivers. Disable or remove any newly installed software. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0X0000007F (0X00000008, 0XFA1C1D70, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

and also, here's my attachment, please analyze it..

Inside the 1 MiniDump:
BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 80042000, 0, 0}

Unable to load image cmdguard.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cmdguard.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cmdguard.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.SYS

Probably caused by : cmdguard.sys
cmdguard.sys: COMODO Firewall
aswSP.SYS: avast self protection module

I would uninstall both Avast and comodo firewall

Use AVG Free as your Antivirus

so, the two programs are the real problem??? thank you so much for your help.. i would do what you recommend..

Well there's always Windows firewall, as long as you continue to do all your MS security updates.
Windows firewall will protect anything trying to get in to your computer (true not the other way around - as all your programs are able to access the web)
That will suffice

But, if you feel that you require more protection (over-rated can't see why) you could use: Zone Alarm free firewall or Outpost Free firewall (there are a number of other free firewalls, but those are the most popular)

If you want these resource eating programs that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back