Restarts, restarts and restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

razanspartan

hey guys.. need some help here...
my pc gone mad... der are times it went good. .. then suddenly...
it restarts and restarts all over again and again...
i've already check it up and all components are good... power is good.. hard disk is good,, RAM is good.. i already gone through clean format.. but few days later.... its all the same... i'm seriously need help for this thing... thanks in advance...

1. Do you get any BSOD (i.e. Blue Screen of Death) or it just restarts without any warning or such?

2. Check your system's logs for clues, you can do that by going to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, then to Event Viewer (assuming you are using XP), and review all logs, specially with red & and yellow tags, if you found something like that please let us know so we can be in better position to help you.

Lastly, do provide us what is your system's specifications/OS etc.

Few days later? sounds familiar, chances are you've got a bad ram stick.
Take Archean's advice and come back with more details.
Additionally you can disable automatic restarts by doing the following:
tight click My computer > Properties > Advanced Tab > click on setting under start up and recovery > and uncheck automatic restart.
The next time your PC attempts to restart you should have a Blue Screen displayed on your Monitor; also know as Stop Message. Then try to jot down any drivers or messages that may seem significant and post them here.

Your CPU might be overheating causing the system to restart. Make sure your CPU Cooler isn't clogged up with dust and also check to make sure the CPU fan is spinning.

I would try to get a CPU temperature monitoring application; most of the time it comes with the Mobo drivers.

If you are using Vista, there are some automatic updates that require a restart and for some stupid reason, most computers have a the setting originally on autorestart for those that will restart your comp when the update is complete.

i'm on XP, its all the same guys ... the o.s won't even show... it restarts and restarts while loading the o.s.. what could be the real problem..??? i need guideline guys.... thanks..

Bad PSU
PSU can give you this but you would need to install another one to see if you still have this issues. If the same issue returns see below;

Bad NIC onboard
Disable onboard NIC and replace it with PCI or PCI-E slots if available?

Bad HDD Controller
Bad MOBO

These two you better off replacing the MOBO (motherboard)

CPU is not seated in it's slot or FAN is not spinning correctly and CPU is getting so hot it shuts down the system.

Let's see, if we can look at your computer booting from an external source.

You will need USB flash drive to move information from bad computer to a working computer.

You need to download two programs.

First

ISO Burner this will allow you to burn REATOGO-X-PE ISO to a cd and make it bootable. Just install the programm, from there on it's fairly automatic (Instructions)

Second

• Download OTLPE.iso and burn to a CD using ISO Burner. NOTE: This file is 270.3 MB in size so it may take some time to download.
  • When downloaded double click and this will then open ISOBurner to burn the file to CD
  • Reboot your system (Non working computer) using the boot CD you just created.
    • Note. If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps HERE
  • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • When asked Do you wish to load the remote registry, select Yes
  • When asked Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning, select Yes
  • Ensure the box Automatically Load All Remaining Users is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start. Change the following settings
    • Change Drivers to All
    • Change Registry to All
    • Under Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
      %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
      /md5start
      eventlog.dll
      scecli.dll
      netlogon.dll
      cngaudit.dll
      sceclt.dll
      ntelogon.dll
      logevent.dll
      iaStor.sys
      nvstor.sys
      atapi.sys
      IdeChnDr.sys
      viasraid.sys
      AGP440.sys
      vaxscsi.sys
      nvatabus.sys
      viamraid.sys
      nvata.sys
      nvgts.sys
      iastorv.sys
      ViPrt.sys
      eNetHook.dll
      ahcix86.sys
      KR10N.sys
      nvstor32.sys
      ahcix86s.sys
      nvrd32.sys
      symmpi.sys
      adp3132.sys
      mv61xx.sys
      userinit.exe
      explorer.exe
      /md5stop
      %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
      %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
      %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
      %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
      %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
  • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
  • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
  • Copy this file to your USB drive.
  • Please post the contents of the C:\OTL.txt file in your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back