Restore the previous version of 7z 005 file ?

How can I fix this changes, I accidentally change the 7z 005 file to other app. Because of this I cannot complete the extraction of my downloaded files. pls. help me ..everytime I download 7z 005 it appear in other format. only this 7z 005 file.Thank you !!Screenshot 2022-03-10 035034.jpg

Shift+Right click on the file
Choose Open With "another app"
Browse to correct app and select it
tick the box that says "always use this app to open 7z files"
Click ok

Shift+Right click on the file
Choose Open With "another app"
Browse to correct app and select it
tick the box that says "always use this app to open 7z files"
Click ok
yes I already know this process but I dont know what app that I will choose, its seems that there is no right apps there to choose ?

Attachments

• Screenshot (510).png
    Screenshot (510).png
    123.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (511).png
    Screenshot (511).png
    116.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (512).png
    Screenshot (512).png
    124.3 KB · Views: 3
A lot of time could be wasted on this. It sounds like you have never opened the files so they may not work anyway. Try downloading them again preferably from a different source. 7z is a compression format I've never come across.

A lot of time could be wasted on this. It sounds like you have never opened the files so they may not work anyway. Try downloading them again preferably from a different source. 7z is a compression format I've never come acros
A lot of time could be wasted on this. It sounds like you have never opened the files so they may not work anyway. Try downloading them again preferably from a different source. 7z is a compression format I've never come across.
I know I can use another computer to complete my download, but the problem is that everytime I encounter to download a 005 file in the future the problem is still the same. Anyway thanks for answering.

Avoid them and it'll not change your life. I'll steer clear too. WinRAR (free) is what I use on rare occasions for zipped files.

Those numbers 001, 002 ... are a set of spanned parts of the original zipped file. All of them must be in the same folder and you have to open the first segment (001) with winzip or 7-zip, and then ask for extraction. You cannot extract the individual 002, 003.... files.
7 zip is more efficient than zip or rar.
The reason why spanning is done is because of limitations on the size of the file that can be eMailed, capacity of the transportable storage (recall floppies, CD's), etc.

Yes that's correct. If even one of the zipped files has a problem or is corrupted you get nothing usable when you try to unzip them. It's all or nothing.

Back