Restore Windows XP HE on Startup? Have changed Memory on Dell Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
My first post, and thank you for having me here :)
I have a Dell Inspiron 1300.
A couple of problems.
1) I changed the memory from 512 to 2gb recently (ddr 2 4200, kingston). I got a message not long after I changed the memory saying I should reinstall/change (not sure) drivers, so I downloaded R92578, which I ran.
2) on startup Window I now get option to start using Windows xp he, or 'restore windows xp he.
3) I downloaded a 'da vinci' theme from dowtheme and now I can't get rid of all of it. I am still left with 'Mona Lisa' on my start page (where the account names are displayed) and if I choose not to 'restore windows xp he' it goes to a da vinci drawing, and then boots to Mona etc. I never thought I wouldn't like seeing Mona so much :)
4) I tried to install my logitech webcam 9.5 and got the blue screen of death with an lvs something message. So I did a system restore to the day before I did that.

The ram was changed first from all of the above...can anyone can tell me where I'm at, and am I in a lot of trouble?

Thanking you in advance, and I'm not sure if I'm on the right forum board here?

try reinstalling the old RAM... Some laptops are very sensitive to memory "upgrades"... And the max RAM could only be 1GB

yes definately check your specs to see if that machine can handle that much ram. as for the downloaded picture um try to run your antivirus software and see if that picks up anything. since you have deleted some of it and you cant get rid of the rest of the theme it may be a virus. be sure that you can trust the sites you are going to to download content. even those screesaver sites can be harmful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back