Restored PC with no hard disk/memory errors still freezes

Evabraun2000

Alright I'm currently working on a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6857 Model # PSAG0U-02701V. It is using Windows Vista Home Premium. When it was brought to me it was freezing at boot up and saying that the windows was an unauthenticated version of windows. It would also give an occasional BSOD with error code 0x0000024. Alright I've ran CHKDSK to check the harddrive but it does not find a single error in the check. Also ran memory diagnostic on the HIREN boot cd it passes. So I got her recovery cd's and restored it to factory settings. It worked fine while I put some of her old documents back on it and her Webroot Antivirus. Well I call her and she shows up and I always like to check my work and show the customers. Unfortunately, when I boot it up it starts freezing when it boots up and start automatically running CHKDSK. Now I get an occasional BSOD with error code 0x000000F4. Any suggestions on what to do next?

You can use Seagate's Seatools hard drive diagnostic utility on Toshiba hard drives. Check Disk will not provide the indepth diagnostic reads that you need. Both 0x24 and 0xF4 can often be due to failing harddrives or bad sectors on a hard drive.

I would run the utility. Do the S.M.A.R.T., Short DST and especially the Long DST.

Well I tried to run the Seagate Seatools. And it said something that it had to be a Seagate HD to run this program and wouldn't let me. Unless I hit the wrong thing which is highly possible as I am new to the Hiren Boot CD and still learning. As of right now I'm not in reach of the PC so I can't give you a better response.

Hmmm, well my daughter's laptop has a Toshiba hard drive and I used Seatools on it with no problem at all.

If it is not a Toshiba hard drive can you find the make?

Yea I was thinking the same thing when I ran it earlier. I can't catch a break with this thing...literally.

But to answer your question. Yes, I will find the make tomorrow for you.

Back