Restoring Default Recycle Bin Settings via registry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deviouz

Is there any way to restore the default settings of the recycle bin from the registry..??
im using win xp pro sp2..

What exactly are you looking to alter in regards to the Recycling Bin? You can access and alter it's settings by right clicking it and clicking on "Properties".

agreement

You can set exactly how much space you will allow to the bin size, per disk or flash drive from the properties menu. I don't know about resetting it, but I assume the default is 10% of the drive before an auto delete starts. that goes for all Windows OS. (at least 98 and up for sure)

I'll have to ditto the "what are you trying to accomplish?" If you change the Recycle Bin settings in Properties, you have change the properties of the Recycle Bin. Why do you think this wouldn't remain?

what im tryin to accomplish is to figure out what the exact reg keys are that store the default settings for the recycle bin.??

If you set the Recycle Bin properties, there is no need to go into the registry. Settings should be retained.

Being obscure --- likely a quest for settings to be applied by programming :)

yah, im trying to incorporate the reg key into a bat script im making. so it can just reset the r-bin to the default setting..

anyone know where this reg key or keys is located at..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back