Restoring to a restore point on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terryg

i had a problem with my machine and it wouldn't boot up. i tired repair and that did not work. then i tried restoring to a restore point and that failed so i tried another restore point and its still going for 15 hours. i have since found this is a known prob with vista and restoring should be done in safe mode. my question is this:? is there a way to end the restpre process so i can do it in safe mode

well its still running after 27 hours does anyone know if a pwoer off while the restore is going will mess everything up.

restore still running for 48 hours now. does anyone know if i power off the machine will i need to rebuild it afterward

to all reading this......ok if anytime a restore is performed on Vista you HAVE to be in safe mode otherwise it doesnt get done properly and you could run into the same problem i had 51 hours run time and never finished. i ended up powering off the machine and booting up, all is ok with the machine and it did not restore to the previous date....this problem did not occur from ati driver being added as i thought it was do to an automatic update for windows which caused my pc not to boot up.....this is now a closed thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back