Returned laptop to factory settings, yet strange problem getting worse

Fairly newer Toshiba Satellite L655 s5101 Windows 7
Before i get into the details you should know part of my laptop's problem is even being able to type. Trying to go back and change a word jumbles up everything so apologies for the insults to English grammar and language that may come.

Anyways, at first i thought i had a virus.My anti viruses deleted the effected files. My scanners said everything was clean, but to be on the safe side brought it to Staples where i bought it. The guy said a system restore to factory settings would work. I did that and the problem was STILL there. After countless scans the virus seems to be gone. I've barley even had this laptop a couple months and im really trying to avoid shelling out money for something i JUST bought and wasnt cheap (for me anyways)

Description of Problems: Things like to highlight on their own. For example if i go into a folder with pictures and i click on a thumbnail, the rest one by one light up. If i click on a picture to view its like its a slideshow when it shouldn't be. Issues with tool bars as well. If i click when i try to scroll down to pick something often other tool bars light up. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the mouse. If there are bubble options to pick from like "male, female" the chosen answer may bounce back and forth on its own.

I've checked driver updates, nothing. I just defragmented, toshiba health monitor says everything is fine.

Thanks for reading , any information you need i'll do my best to get.

First thought is it sounds as if the 'left-click' is sticking or repeating very fast.
Does the same effect happen if you use the touch pad or a plugged-in USB mouse?
Can you go into Control panel, hardware, devices and printers, mouse, 'Pointer options' tab. Set the 'Set pointer speed' in the centre of the scale.
Then untick the box 'Enhance pointer precision'
In the 'Buttons' tab, click 'Restore defaults'
See if that makes any difference.

In "Buttons" there was not a restore defaults option. Even using the touchpad the issues are still happening. I turned off the touchpad, still happening. Trying to fiddle with the mouse settings, i was able to turn off the "pointer enhancer" thing but it doesnt seem to be helping.

Ok. It's just that if the same happens when using touchpad AND separate mouse, it seems to rule out a hardware problem in the touchpad~ (maybe).
If it was mine, I would uninstall the drivers for the touchpad and install again.
Best to go to your pc makers website, 'Support & drivers' and get the latest touchpad driver, as the new one may have sorted out the problem.

Did your pc have this fault from new? If you did a factory restore, was the fault the same after that?

It started acting up like this after i got a virus. Kasperksy which i was using at the time, said that infected files had been deleted. The problem continued even after Factory Restore.

Staples said any virus would be gone from getting it to factory settings so thats what i did. The laptop did have some booting up issues after about 2 weeks from purchase. It would often take an hour before i could use it. It would just freeze up unless i left it alone. That problem seems to be resolved for now but now, ya i have this new one. Staples didnt wana listen to me about the 1st problem and assumed it was an internet issue.

So your cannot be very old? Still under warranty? The shop should be dealing with this problem. Guess it was pre-installed with Windows, plus a Recovery partition, so you can't do a 'repair' from the Windows disc. I would have thought a 'Factory restore' would have sorted it out, but sounds like there were other problems too.
If it was out of warranty, there are several ideas you could try, some free, and the most expensive being to buy Windows 7 again, then you can have total control over what happens. What you described first does sound like a virus, which got past your A/V program.
If you can use your pc to get on the net, you could try installing;
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
Then you would need to stop your Kaspersky A/V from realtime scanning. Then run 'Spybot' program. It's free and I have found it sorts out many problems the 'Big' A/V programs miss. It's more effective if you can run it in 'Safe mode'.
Now I use Microsoft Security Essentials A/V and not had any problems since the day I installed it along with W7, the first week it was available to buy.

Back