Router Disconnects

Hello there. I have been having a few problems with a new router that we got recently. Basically, the error involves the internet connection disconnecting for about a second before going back up again. this happens every few minutes or so (maybe more I'm not exactly sure). The router is new, so the firmware is up to date and everything. I just cant figure out whats wrong with it. Some help would be very appreciated!

Yazan

NEW routers usually have OLD Firmware from day-1. Get a fresh update for your make/model.

NEW routers usually have OLD Firmware from day-1. Get a fresh update for your make/model.
Nevermind. I looked up the router model and realized that the frequent disconnects are just a flaw with the router itself. Thanks for trying to help though. I really appreciate it.

DON'T give up!!

log into the router, find the WAN side settings, look for the MTU and change it to 1492. This stops 'packet fragmentation' and frequently resolves many issues associated with it.

Its fine. I figured out what the problem was. It was a feature on the router called smart connect and I turned it off so its all good now. Thanks for the help though :)

Back