Router drops connection

mdmm55

Hi,
I bought a used AC2600 based on the ranking on websites , but I find myself so disappointed with it right now with droppin connection several times.It works but frequently drop connections.I did quick setup many times, replaced with new wires, updated software , changed channel,user,password,place on different site,rebooted but problem still exit.Model name is ARCHER C2600 .Kindly help with solutions solution ?

Hi Mr. Jobeard..Thank you for advise. I already download and updated thus router with latest Firmware on TP-Link Website.
What else could be. I changed user name ,password,location of router,cables,did quick setup 3 times, but beyond my understanding.

I assume you have both wired and wifi connections -- do they both drop at the same time or on one is unstable?

Sounds like the ISP is performing a Release / Renew cycle; should be once per 4, 8, 12, 24 hours. How frequently does it occur or how much time between?

As turnaround is slow; take notice of the domain that causes the dropped condition most frequently and run this in a command window:

pathping that_domain_name >netDrops.txt
it will take ~3 minutes to complete.
  1. open the file netDrops.txt,
  2. copy all the content and
  3. return here to paste as your follow-up

Back