1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Router drops connection

By mdmm55 ยท 8 replies
Aug 13, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,
    I bought a used AC2600 based on the ranking on websites , but I find myself so disappointed with it right now with droppin connection several times.It works but frequently drop connections.I did quick setup many times, replaced with new wires, updated software , changed channel,user,password,place on different site,rebooted but problem still exit.Model name is ARCHER C2600 .Kindly help with solutions solution ?

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,107   +1,589

Look for a firmware update is first action to take

3. mdmm55

mdmm55 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi Mr. Jobeard..Thank you for advise. I already download and updated thus router with latest Firmware on TP-Link Website.
    What else could be. I changed user name ,password,location of router,cables,did quick setup 3 times, but beyond my understanding.

4. mdmm55

Waiting for you expert advice.

5. jobeard

I assume you have both wired and wifi connections -- do they both drop at the same time or on one is unstable?

6. mdmm55

-------------------------------------------
    Yes they both drop at the same time.

7. mdmm55

Yes both wifi and wired connections are dropped at the same time.

8. jobeard

Sounds like the ISP is performing a Release / Renew cycle; should be once per 4, 8, 12, 24 hours. How frequently does it occur or how much time between?

9. jobeard

As turnaround is slow; take notice of the domain that causes the dropped condition most frequently and run this in a command window:

pathping that_domain_name >netDrops.txt
    it will take ~3 minutes to complete.
    1. open the file netDrops.txt,
    2. copy all the content and
    3. return here to paste as your follow-up

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...