Router hack?

andrew mcfadden

Hello everyone..I was wondering if my router can be hacked .I talked to my provider tech and he said the router gets its updates regular.
so if it is secure could hackers bypass it ??
regards to all.

Typically if the device has firmware updates regularly and does not have a public facing login it should not be able to be hacked. However without more specific information on the device in question it is not possible to give you a yes or no answer. Why do you think it has been compromised? Also if you don't mind doing so please provide the make and model of the router.

There was a flaw back in 2019 on older versions of this brand specifically the f3890 but it was patched some time ago. I could not find any known vulnerabilities for this model. That being said, what makes you believe your router is compromised?

Not sure it is..jut wanted to find out if it could be...On my laptop I have a hacker and was wondering if that is where they got in. I ,m having to put an old Windows 8 on my laptop as there is no way I can carry on trying to use my Windows 10. They have got into it and I cant get online they block me with rows of ######## or ffffffffff. I had to shut down wifi on laptop to put old windows on. thank you for your help. regards

Back