Routers

circusboy01

When I had Time Warner Cable Internet installed, the router I have now came with it. I had Verizon before, and a router came with it What if I decided to buy another router? Like something from Netgear or where ever Would I still have to pay a fee to the provider I was using at the time.Would it be the same cost as if I was still using their router?

Would it be the same cost as if I was still using their router?
That question you should be asking your provider.

I know we would have had to pay an extra fee to get a box with Wireless. But since we already had Wireless in-home, there was no need in even thinking about paying an extra monthly fee for it.

However if you return the device to the provider. I don't see how they can continue charging extra, if that is what they are doing. Most providers (I'm assuming here because that has been my experience) consider the modem as a free device, for buying their service. If that is the case, there is no extra fee.

That question you should be asking your provider.

I know we would have had to pay an extra fee to get a box with Wireless. But since we already had Wireless in-home, there was no need in even thinking about paying an extra monthly fee for it.

However if you return the device to the provider. I don't see how they can continue charging extra, if that is what they are doing. Most providers (I'm assuming here because that has been my experience) consider the modem as a free device, for buying their service. If that is the case, there is no extra fee.

I guess I bought the router that came with Verizon. Because when I changed to Time Warner I got to keep it. I know I paid around $26.00 for the Time Warner router.
Now. I'm not really looking to buy a new router, Just wondering how it would work.
Thought somebody here might have experience. Asking my provider is good advice Thanks

Back