Routine PC Cleanup - Logs Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logs Included!

I'm just doing a routine clean up. I constantly have Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 and Webroot Spy Sweeper running. I also regularly use Malwarebyte's and SuperAntiSpyware. But I was wondering if anything in these logs needed attention.

As for problems, I have very few. Just a lot of svchost.exe's taking up a bit of memory (15 @ around 130-200mb of ram.) Not worried much with those though, Vista has quite a few services running at once. Also, I have been getting a few taskeng.exe running all the time. I haven't scheduled anything though, that I know of.

Another thing that I noticed was that the Windows directory takes up around 17gb of space. Is this normal? ~50% (8.6gb) of this space is taken by the winsxs folder, ~17%(3.0gb) by the system32 folder, and ~16%(2.7gb) by the installer folder. The other folders I am not worried too much about.

It seems that my hard drive is always in use also. If i disabled search indexing, would my computer obtain a slight performance boost? Would disabling search indexing cause my searches to become severely slower. Or would my computer still have the files already indexed still stored so that I could search them quickly, just not indexing newer files.

There's two instances of avp.exe running on my PC. Both appear to be the same file within the KIS directory. One runs under Username, the other under System. Networktechs.com's HJT log analyzer mentioned something about a Mutbo-A Trojan, regarding avp.exe. Just wondering about that.

Most of these scans were ran while the computer was in Safe-Mode. But I also included a HJT scan while running Windows normally. KIS Anti-Virus, Ad-Aware, and Webroot Spy Sweeper (scan was clean) were ran normally. ComboFix was acting strange in safe-mode (can't find text in blah blah errors, and privilege errors) so I ran it normally as well. There is also a list of the current processes running, along with their parameters.

I am using a laptop by the way. Sorry for all the logs (referring to zip archive). I was trying to be very comprehensive. I don't trust any single line of defense. Thanks =]

Code:
[U]Panda Active Scan 2.0[/u]:
PROTECTIONS
Description                                  Version                       Active    Updated
;===================================================================================================================================================================================
Kaspersky Internet Security                  8.0.0.506                     Yes       Yes
Spybot - Search and Destroy                  1.0.0.6                       No        Yes
Windows Defender                             1.1.1505.0                    No        Yes
Kaspersky Internet Security                  8.0.0.506                     No        Yes
SUPERAntiSpyware                             4, 15, 0, 1000                No        Yes
Spyware Terminator                           2.5.7.140                     No        Yes
;===================================================================================================================================================================================
MALWARE
Id        Description                        Type                Active    Severity  Disinfectable  Disinfected Location
00484705  Application/IEDefender             HackTools           No        0         Yes            No           C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Windows\System32\IEDFix.C.exe.vir
00484705  Application/IEDefender             HackTools           No        0         Yes            No           C:\Windows\System32\SmitfraudFix\IEDFix.C.exe
00921467  Generic Malware                    Virus/Trojan        No        0         Yes            No           C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Windows\System32\404Fix.exe.vir
00921467  Generic Malware                    Virus/Trojan        No        0         Yes            No           C:\Windows\System32\SmitfraudFix\404Fix.exe
03074964  Trj/CI.A                           Virus/Trojan        No        0         Yes            No           C:\Program Files\NAMEOFGAMEWASHERE\Conquer.exe

Code:
[U]Logs Included[/U]:
Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, SuperAntiSpyware, Kaspersky Internet Security, Hijackthis, DDS Tool, ComboFix, SpyWare Terminator

Code:
[U]System Specs[/U]:
                   Manufacturer:          Toshiba
                   Model:                 Satellite X205-Sli6                   
                   Windows Version:       Windows Vista (6.0.6002) Ultimate SP2
                    Processor Name:       Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz
                    Videocard Name:       NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
                  Installed Memory:       3,069.50 MB
           Number of Installed Programs:       182 programs
            Number of Running Processes:       72 processes
                         Total Services:       162
                       Running Services:       87
                       Startup Services:       81
                   Startup Applications:       20
                         Loaded Drivers:       182
                         Storage: 200gb HDD @ 7200 rpm

Run MBAM again and elect to remove the malware this time. No action taken last time!

Most of what ComboFix found is false positives but TODDSrv is a nasty!

Rename Combofix to 1cfix and run 1cfix and post log.

Post new HJT from Normal Mode!

Mike

Run MBAM again and elect to remove the malware this time. No action taken last time!

Most of what ComboFix found is false positives but TODDSrv is a nasty!

Rename Combofix to 1cfix and run 1cfix and post log.

Post new HJT from Normal Mode!

Mike

That's strange I thought I selected remove. Nonetheless, I just rescanned that folder. Nothing found. I then uninstalled the program and removed the folder anyway. The first attachment is the HJT log from normal mode. =] Here's a new one just for safe measure. Doing another full scan with MBAM right now. Also going to rescan with ComboFix. Thanks for replying! =]

::Added ComboFix log.
::MBAM Came up clean.

LOL! My mistake I read your title as from safe mode. I see now and it tells in the header i just didn't look!

Make sure to do the rename of ComboFix!

Mike

Unsure if this is against the rules, but im bumping this thread.
Anyone else mind checking out the logs? My pc seems a little sluggish at times. Im just wanted to make sure i am clean.
::ill use this post to answer another post incase sum1 responds. That way this post wont be spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back