"Run..." commands

matrix86

I'm editing a rainmeter skin and have some of the items launching certain commands.

taskmgr = launches task manager

Code:
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute ["taskmgr"]

control = launches control panel

Code:
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute ["control"]

What I want to know is if there's a way to launch the "Network and Sharing Center" portion of the control panel via the run command. I would like to set up the network monitor image to launch this when clicked. Just like with the other stuff I have set up.

Thanks for the links! For some reason, though, it works in the run box, but won't work in my code. Guess i'll have to play around with it a little and figure out what I need to change. And it appears my googling skills suck. I spent 2 days trying to find this info and you just pop it right up...you suck, lol.

Thanks! Sadly, that's the nicest thing I've been told all week. :-(

In writing your code, have you considered UAC which depresses the privileges of the Run Command executed from the Start Menu, even tho' you may be logged on as Admin? Then, is your code being executed with Admin privileges?

Not being a coder myself, when I need a bit of help with my scripts, I usually find what is needed here:
http://www.robvanderwoude.com/batchstart.php

If you don't get this sorted out very soon, there are some gurus here who will know exactly how to guide you. Be a wee bit patient 'til they've had their coffee.

Regards.

Back