Run server controlled computer with external hdd only

Hello all,

We have computers that are controlled by a central server ( you login with student id,password) at the dormitory pc labs, they are running highly restricted versions of windows 7 and you are not allowed to do anything other than browsing web or using pre-installed programs. I wonder if I boot the pc from external drive and bypass internal hdd can I use it just as I use computer at my home. And we have mac filtering to connect the web but I don't think that will be a problem. I am currently thinking of buying a hdd for that...

If you have a USB enclosure with an HDD that has a bootable partition, it is possible to boot from it - -
GIVEN, you can access the BIOS and change the boot device sequence and maybe even some options.

I DOUBT you will be able to do that, as anyone locking down a system would know to also disable BIOS access.

If you have a USB enclosure with an HDD that has a bootable partition, it is possible to boot from it - -
GIVEN, you can access the BIOS and change the boot device sequence and maybe even some options.

I DOUBT you will be able to do that, as anyone locking down a system would know to also disable BIOS access.

Sorry I have minded that after posting, unfortunately it requires password to change booting sequence...so there is no way I can do this, right? Considering I can not remove the mainboard battery...

Back