Rundll32.exe error

(Windows 7 ultimate 64bit)So I deleted the rundll32.exe because I thought it was a virus (I now know that was a huge mistake) Is there any way to fix it without the CD-ROM becasue I lost it? Also some games and programs don't work and says dll file is missing although it is located in system32 and sometimes I find the proccesses in Task Manger full with rundll32.exe when trying to open a program and that makes the computer very slow ,I tried to put a copy from syswow64 and winsxs but that doesn't seem to entirely work (I was able to open the control panel), sfc scan doesn't work and says Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them I tried running it in safe mode and the DISM command didn't work with error 87 and saying the health check option is not recognized in this context I also tried to check the sfc results and there was a problem with prefhost.exe,rundll32.exe and that the replacement was also corrupted ,Thanks in advance

FYI: Rundll32.exe is a means to load a DLL file where there can be multiple functions embedded, so as you've now discovered, lots of other things are now failing.

You need to find a LOCAL friend with Win/7 64bit (ultimate doesn't matter) system,
copy his rundll32.exe to a USB so you can take it back home to replace it on your system.

An alternative might be to try SFC /SCANNOW, but I fear it would prompt for the CD and may not be able to handle the problem, but it's worth a try.

Thanks alot mate , I have microsoft imagine and that allows me to a get a free windows 7 professional can I download that and copy the file from it or use it as a bootable driver with a sfc scan??

I think it would be a real chore to find the correct file in that download, but you can always try.

OK so I got a friend to send me the file through the internet copied and pasted it and sfc still detects it as a corrupted file

Hmm; back to the issue, does the system run w/o the previous errors?

You realize there are TWO instances of rundll32?

c:\windows\system32\rundll32
c:\windows\syswow64\rundll32

Back