Running RAM @ 1066 on ASUS M4N78

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmd

Hi,

Hopefully someone here can help, if you want any more info than I post please let me know.

Not long ago I put together a rig for my wife:

ASUS M4N78
AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHz
2x1GB Crucial DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 Ballistix
gfx is just an old MSI 6600GT for now

however when I bought the mobo/RAM (it's taken me a while to find the time to build it) I hadn't read anything about having to alter the voltage to 2.0 to get 1066MHz RAM to run at full speed.

I've never really messed with OCing so my knowledge of this is pretty poor, however I couldn't see a way in the BIOS to alter the RAM voltage, from what I've seen it looks like the original BIOS isn't capable of it. I also can't see anything in the updated BIOS descriptions that mentions it. Is this mobo simply incapable of running the ram at 1066 or is there another way to do so that I am missing?

Cheers,

Dan

Will your wife really notice, or care. It runs fast enough for most everything, as it is.

Hey qmd, same build with board and ram speed. I had the same problem as well and was about to return the ram.

Go into the bios again and you have to go to the "AI Tweaker" tab in bios.
Then change the "DRAM Frequency Control" from "Auto" to "manual"..
This will bring up the selection under it for choice of timing.
[667MHz], [800 MHz] or [1066 MHz] You know which one to choose.

That should be all you need, it wont show up in windows but if you use the software that came with the MB, it has one called "PC Probe II" And in that program in a section called WMI or "Windows Management System" you can find the RAM info.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back