Running script problem

circusboy01

I had this post almost complete. accidentally clicked something now I have to start over. I HATE THAT.
Anyway. My computer, ( Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.) hasn't been starting right. After I type in my password the desktop comes up,just like it should. But everything's frozen, or maybe running so slow it seems like it's frozen. Also I'm not on line. ( the blue light on my stick does not come on.) The last three times this happened I tried to use my Netgear cd only to have it freeze up on me So there I am looking at a frozen Netgear in front of a frozen desk top.Finally. After much too much time I get a message:

Stop running this script.
A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly.
If it continues to run your computer might become unresponsive ..
Yes
I click yes and everything starts working again There's nothing on the message, saying where it comes from. like Windows or Microsoft.
When I shut down and boot up again. The problem starts all over again. The computer as worthless until I finally get the Stop running the script message.
Is there a way I can find that script and stop it running permanently ?

While I am waiting for an answer I'm not going to shut down my pc. I'm just going to put it to sleep or hibernate. Which would be best? Thanks again Ray.

Script problem fixed.

I decided to do a full scan with my Avast the other day.But when I opened it it was unsecured. Tried everything to get it secured again. But no luck. Finally had to uninstall it and install the free version.. Ticked me off because I only had the paid version for about 3 or 4 months, and I paid for a year. Anyway back to the point.
After I got the free version of Avast installed, and updated.My problem with the running script was gone. Don't know if Avast problem had anything to do with the running script or if it was just a coincidence. But at least it's gone.Ray.

Back