Running sfc /scannow in an elevated command window and trying to fix the errors found

I've found 3 corrupted files using the scannow command that have source files that are also corrupted. I have copied these files from another computer running the same OS onto a usb drive and followed along microsofts support page here.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

I reached the final step where I copy the good file over the corrupted and I get an error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." I have unlocker but when I select system 32's folder I can see difxapi.dll, clicking on the individual file to open and give options does not allow me to kill the process. When I click the system 32 folder and click ok to view all process' listed in system 32 difxapi.dll is not listed, many files are listed here with the kill process button available. Any tips or suggestions?

MUST be done in Safe Mode.
You're on the right track :)
I have been in safe mode trying the same thing, only recently was I able to get my computer to boot into the normal configuration through luck I think. I couldn't open unlocker in safe mode it absolutely would not budge for me.

Back