Sackboy: Big Adventure is the next PlayStation PC game

Daniel Sims

Staff
Something to look forward to: If it hadn't been for prior leaks, Sackboy: Big Adventure would have been a surprise addition to the several PC ports Sony has announced and released this year. The title comes with PC enhancements and specs that users have come to expect after Sony's other games.

On Thursday, Sony announced that Sackboy: A Big Adventure is the next PlayStation exclusive coming to PC. The game lands on Steam and the Epic Game Store on October 27 for $59.99, just a week after another big Sony title — Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure is a family-friendly single-player and co-op platformer starring the mascot of Sony's level-building game franchise, LittleBigPlanet. Sony featured it in the PlayStation 5's day-one launch lineup.

Like Sony's other PC ports, Sackboy supports 21:9 widescreen, VRR, 4K 120Hz gameplay (for PCs that can handle it), DualSense controller features, and Nvidia DLSS 2.0. Though the title launches soon after Nvidia's RTX 4090, Sony isn't quite ready to start supporting the GPU vendor's newly-announced DLSS 3 frame-generation technology, exclusive to the RTX 4000 series. Developer Sumo Digital didn't mention whether Sackboy includes AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution.

Sackboy's system requirements are similar to those for other Sony titles like Uncharted or God of War, but with lower minimum requirements. Graphics cards as old as the GTX 660 or Radeon R7 265 should squeak by at 720p and 30fps with low graphics settings. Minimum specs like this help AAA titles perform well on Valve's Steam Deck handheld PC. For 1080p to 4K, Sackboy's requirements look similar to other high-end PC games. No matter what your specs, however, you'll need 60GB of storage space.

Minimum (720p 30fps Low settings)

• GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon R7 265
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 @ 2.7GHz / AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5GHz
  • RAM: 8GB

Recommended (1080p 30fps Medium settings)

• GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB) / AMD Radeon RX 580
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K @3.5GHz / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X @3.5GHz

High (1080p 60fps High settings)

• GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 (8 GB) / AMD RX 5600 (6 GB)
  • CPU: Intel i7-4770K (4 core 3.5 GHz) / AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8 core 3.2 GHz)

Very High (1440p 60fps Very High settings)

• GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 (8 GB) / AMD RX 5700 XT (8 GB)
  • CPU: Intel i7-7700k (4 core 4.2 GHz) / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (8 core 3.6 GHz)
  • RAM: 16GB

Ultra (4K 60fps Custom settings)

• GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 (10 GB) / AMD RX 6800 XT (16 GB)
  • CPU: Intel i9-9900K (8 core 3.6 GHz) / AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 core 3.5 GHz)
  • RAM: 16GB

Although Sony never mentioned a PC port of Sackboy before this week, the game appeared in last year's massive Nvidia GeForce Now database leak and emerged again on SteamDB a week ago. The rumor also listed PC ports for titles like God of War and Uncharted long before Sony announced them. Gran Turismo 7 and Ghost of Tsushima were also there, but no official word on their possible PC ports has emerged. Award-winning roguelike shooter Returnal also appeared, and a new leak from Wednesday hints at possible extra PC features for the title.

Permalink to story.

Sony is bleeding money so super bad that they are looking at to gouge PC gamers even further (old games at today's prices) to make up for some of its losses.

Sony is NOT bringing its dated titles to PC because they had a change of heart about PC gamers. 😏

Sony is bleeding money so super bad that they are looking at to gouge PC gamers even further (old games at today's prices) to make up for some of its losses.

Sony is NOT bringing its dated titles to PC because they had a change of heart about PC gamers. 😏
And? Those are really good game, so it is very nice to be able to play them on a pc.
Any company making decisions which allow them earn money. That why anyone create any business.
And I see nothing wrong with prices. If you can't afford it, then dont play it, simple as that. Nothing stopping you from waiting half a year for steam sales. Any business can ask any price for their product, this is not something you need to live. And more money they will make, the more awesome games from them we can expect.

Happy to see those titles anyway, got them on ps but being able to play them on Deck is a great bonus for anyone who travel a bit.

Sony isn't making a loss in their GNS sector, nor have they 3 years:

sony_GNS_results.png

They have, though, suffered a decline in sales revenue and operating income for the past three quarters which Sony has put down to several aspects:

- decrease in first-party game sales
- decrease in non-first-part and add-on game sales
- increase in game development costs
- higher cost in the acquisition of Bungie
- decline in the foreign exchange rate

Sackboy? Sounds something like the title given to the Royal Personnel Director after Charlies took over. So how long before everybody just refers to him as King Charlie .... or chuck?

Unless I missed one, only two games so far have been announced/released that were not already available as a PS Plus standard subscriber. That is Uncharted LOT and Sackboy, though the Uncharted Collection for PS4 was released so those games are still available for PS Plus subscribers, just not the shiny new versions.

Edit, I did miss one, Spiderman

Last edited:
Sony isn't making a loss in their GNS sector, nor have they 3 years:

View attachment 88559

They have, though, suffered a decline in sales revenue and operating income for the past three quarters which Sony has put down to several aspects:

- decrease in first-party game sales
- decrease in non-first-part and add-on game sales
- increase in game development costs
- higher cost in the acquisition of Bungie
- decline in the foreign exchange rate
Sony is NOT just a gaming company. When Sony as a whole losses, that brings everything down, especially its PS platform. A simple check at Sony's shares with proof that. From a $130B+ record-high in 4Q21 to $85B today! 🙄

And? Those are really good game
Says who? You now speak for the over 2 BILLION gamers worldwide now?! 😂

If these games were "really good" how come Horizon Forbidden West:s numbers underperformed compared Horizon Zero Dawn's numbers, by a lot, when there's more conSLOWS on the market, and in households, than ever since HZD initial release in 2017?!

Yeah, uh-huh? 😂

You can believe whatever you want but it becomes foolishness when you try to feed that untrue nonsense to others.

Data don't lie but fans always do. 😂

Sony is NOT just a gaming company. When Sony as a whole losses, that brings everything down, especially its PS platform. A simple check at Sony's shares with proof that. From a $130B+ record-high in 4Q21 to $85B today! 🙄
Okay, so let's look at Sony's financial statements for the whole company. Didn't make a loss in 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, or 2016. For example:
sony01.png
sony02.png
sony03.png
Sure, their share price has dropped rather badly these past 12 months:
sony04.png
But a poor share price/rapid drop does not equal to a loss. Yes, Sony has some weak segments to it but as a whole, it's not losing money.

Okay, so let's look at Sony's financial statements for the whole company. Didn't make a loss in 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, or 2016. For example:
View attachment 88564
View attachment 88565
View attachment 88566
View attachment 88567
But a poor share price/rapid drop does not equal to a loss. Yes, Sony has some weak segments to it but as a whole, it's not losing money.
Uhm... just wait a minute on that thought until Sony's next earnings call that's right around the corner. 😉

View attachment 88564
View attachment 88565
View attachment 88566
View attachment 88567
Well -well!

That time is here now.

I guess you can start redacting your early praise for Sony's PS latest growth now, huh?

Nah, probably not. But, it's alright, though. 😂

I guess you can start redacting your early praise for Sony's PS latest growth now, huh?
I would do if (a) I was somehow praising Sony's financial status and not just stating figures from their reports, and (b) if Sony had declared they made an overall, or G&NS-specific, loss (note: they haven't). They may well do by the end of this financial year, given that the G&NS operating incomes have consecutively decreased over the past two quarters, but FY22Q2's figures are notably better than Q1's.

I would do if (a) I was somehow praising Sony's financial status and not just stating figures from their reports, and (b) if Sony had declared they made an overall, or G&NS-specific, loss (note: they haven't). They may well do by the end of this financial year, given that the G&NS operating incomes have consecutively decreased over the past two quarters, but FY22Q2's figures are notably better than Q1's.
I mean... reduction in every important sector - MAUs, over 12M reduced 1st-party title's sales, etc... but... alllllllrighty, then.

I'm sure that you're right again. /s 🙄

I mean... reduction in every important sector - MAUs, over 12M reduced 1st-party title's sales, etc... but... alllllllrighty, then.
You can leave the snarky replies at the door, thank you. If you look back through this thread, you were saying that Sony was "bleeding money so super bad" and that "[w]hen Sony as a whole losses, that brings everything down." Sony's financial statements clearly show that they are not losing money -- they've made a profit in all the reported quarters that I posted, both overall and in the G&NS segment.

Their revenues are generally fairly good (Q2 Y-Y and Q2-Q1 Y-Y are better), but due to poor exchange rates and increased operating costs, the profit margins are getting smaller. Are they making as much as they could? No. Are they actually losing money? Also no. Could they end this financial year with a loss? Yes, they could, as their weakest returns are in G&NS, which has also shown a Q-Q decline in operating income.

However, Music, Pictures, and I&SS combined generate a larger revenue stream than G&NS, have significantly improved Y-Y, and have reasonable returns. Their gaming segment would have to suffer notable losses to result in the company making a loss overall. Is that possible? Of course, it is.

Edit: Let's just stick to discussing the news topic itself. (y) (Y)

Back