Samsung Galaxy S5 or Galaxy S5 Neo?

Sarmad

Hi,

Well over a year ago, my company issued us with Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones. I loved mine. But now mine has gone faulty, usually when it goes to screen-timeout (when the screen hasn't been touched for some time) and the screen darkens (sleep mode?), when I tap the screen or hit any of the buttons to make the screen alive again, the screen may flicker a bit but it then just stays dark and I cannot get out of it. The phone can still make sounds and ring when a phonecall comes in, but the only way to answer the call is via a button if I have a headset connected as I am unable to answer it using a dead screen. The only way to bring the screen back to life is by restarting the phone.....until the next timeout. However, if the phone is kept connected to a charger, the screen never goes to screen timeout therefore the issue doesn't happen, but I cannot keep my phone connected to the mains while I'm commuting or outside, etc.

Anyway, I reported the issue to my company and they gave me two options for replacement. They could offer me a brand new phone which would this time be a Galaxy S5 Neo, or a second-hand S5 (handed in by someone who left the company) which has the USB Micro socket cover removed (most people find that cover annoying).

Firstly, does anyone know how I can rectify my dead screen issue? Secondly, which of the two replacement options should I choose if I cannot rectify my existing S5 phone? From what I'm reading, the S5 Neo has a lot of useful features missing which are otherwise present on the S5. For example, I cannot find on it any screen mirroring or IR emitter (correct me if I'm wrong about these two features missing) which are features I use. What are the pros or cons of each phone? Regarding the second-hand S5 having its USB Micro socket cover removed, does that mean I'll always keep getting that annoying pop-up message telling me that the cover is not on, and does this make the phone less waterproof?

Thanks.

Back