Samsung intros two e-readers with Google provided content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Two more e-book readers have been cast into the swelling sea of portable gadgetry with the introduction of Samsung's E6 and E101. While details are scant, the two devices sport 6 and 10-inch gliding touchscreens, a soft QWERTY keyboard, 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 2.0 -- but no 3G.

Sliding the touchscreens up reveals a few controls, like Home, Menu, Back and navigation buttons, as well as speakers. The device also supports handwriting, allowing users to annotate their reading selections, calendars and to-do lists with an EMR stylus. Samsung claims a four-hour charge will supply enough juice for up to two weeks.

The E6 and E101 are expected to ship at some point in early 2010 with prices of $399 and $699 -- a bit steep, if you ask me.

Permalink to story.

Another item (along with 3D everything) that I can't get on the bandwagon with. Paperbacks, newspapers, magazines and web pages on my work/home PC work just fine for me. That's all I'd need to do is drop $700 on one of these gadgets and then either lose or break it in a week.

That just looks like a massive Samsung phone lol. I wonder how practical the sliding function would be to operate?

I'm super careful with my almost as expensive cell phone and I still drop it every so often. I guess they can sell giant neoprene protectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back