Samsung is reportedly working on a Galaxy S10 with six cameras, a massive screen, and...

Polycount

Samsung is kicking things up a notch when it comes to its upcoming smartphones. At the company's recent developer conference, it unveiled a prototype version if its folding phone, while also laying out an ambitious roadmap detailing some of its plans for future display technologies.

While it may be a while yet before we see the first devices that use any of that tech, that doesn't mean there's nothing to look forward to from Samsung in the interim. According to a report from the Wall Street Journal, the smartphone maker is already working on four different versions of the Galaxy S10.

Each version will be slightly different, mostly concerning screen size. Three of the four will contain screens that range from 5.8 to 6.4", and they'll have "three to five" cameras each. However, the true flagship will reportedly be a device with six cameras, a massive 6.7" screen, and -- most importantly -- support for 5G networking.

Though the rollout has been relatively slow, 5G cell networks are finally becoming a reality. AT&T and Verizon are both working on their own versions of the tech in a handful of cities, and if Samsung manages to bring its 5G-equipped Galaxy S10 to market soon, it could be the first smartphone maker to let its customers take advantage of 5G.

As far as hardware goes, we have no idea what the Galaxy S10 will ship with for now. With a little luck, though, we'll find out sometime in February, which is when Samsung is reportedly set to show off its first S10 smartphones.

Permalink to story.

Sounds like it's going to be overpriced garbage and ridiculously large.

Premium Android phones are a joke nowadays, stupidly large, stupid aspects ratios, stupid prices, just plain stupid.

Have u seen how much Galaxy S9 line has dropped in price for black friday? Its mental! Thats basically my plan next year, just wait for november to upgrade from my trusty S8+

LMAO! 6 cameras. Why not 8, 10 or more?
It's a joke these companies are just milking it for all they can because consumers are not the smartest in the world. They think more is better.
Nope, I wouldn't pay more, and haven't than 500 bucks for a smartphone and won't. I wait for a new one, then buy last years model when they dump the price to get rid of excess inventory.

For 2019 8 cameras will be the norm, so having only 6 cameras they are actually behind... poor people that will buy this already obsolete phone. . .

More the merrier? doubt that, Google Pixel has one, yet beats (pun intended) Apple an others in image quality.
I wish Nokia had better time with phones, like the L1520 with 20MP camera but with today's tech and less blocky design.

Sounds like it's going to be overpriced garbage and ridiculously large.

Premium Android phones are a joke nowadays, stupidly large, stupid aspects ratios, stupid prices, just plain stupid.
It's really funny how some people can just say something is stupid just because they know nothing about it, but that's none of my business.

More the merrier? doubt that, Google Pixel has one, yet beats (pun intended) Apple an others in image quality.
I wish Nokia had better time with phones, like the L1520 with 20MP camera but with today's tech and less blocky design.
They could have done a lot better all things considered, they still have a long way to beat Samsung. However I do agree, it is highly impressive that they were able to do with one camera and software what flagships today cannot do with three. The new Pixel has the best camera I have ever seen on a smartphone.

Ahhh camera phone, aaahhhhh pricey phone, ahhhhh garbadge, ahhhhh I see a lot of dumb people buyin' it
Your comment makes very little sense, you spelled garbage wrong, and you have no cause to call this phone garbage not knowing anything about it. You have a right to your opinion but you simply can't just something you have never seen, because from looking at the specs it seems to be once again the top flagship of the next year, unless they even further top it with the Galaxy Note 10

Back