Samsung SATA DVD Writer Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjamme

My (SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD Burner with LightScribe LightScribe Support - OEM)connected to a PCI SATA card didn't show up at all. I finally found the TSST Win Inquiry tool to determine it was really called a "TSST corpCDDVDW TS-H653N"
I probably don't need drivers for my optical drive but it wouldn't work at all until I fooled with it for weeks and applied a firmware update, which I was able to find.
It is workng now, but driver is Microsoft 2001 and doesn't display correctly in Device manager.
Google of TS-H653N turned up a driver (ts-h653n-driver.2.4.1.zip) at:
http://www.bioticaindia.com/. I tried to register yesterday to two e-mails and haven't gotten an activation from either one so I could download this driver.

Finally to my question, does anyone know where to find this driver.

The most common issue we find with these SATA drives is bad cables... To test, obtain the locking SATA cables, or other high quality new SATA, and try once more. We find it astonishing how many SATA cables are causing problems to hard drive and optical drive installations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back