Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S smartphones

Emil

Staff

Samsung has announced that it has sold more than 10 million Galaxy S smartphone handsets since the series' launch in June 2010, according to Samsung Hub. The company thus sold about 1.4 million devices per month or about 40,000 units per day. 2 million units were sold in South Korea, 4 million were pushed out in North America, and 2.5 million handsets were purchased in Europe. The Galaxy S is Samsung's best-selling smartphone model; when the company sold the first 5 million units it said it expected to sell another 5 million before the end of 2010, and it achieved that goal easily.

The Android device is available on all major US carriers; though on each it sports a slightly different name (but the Galaxy S moniker is present on each) and set of features. All of them still boast a 4-inch AMOLED touch screen display, 1Ghz Cortex A8 Hummingbird processor, 5-megapixel camera with LED flash and 720p video capture, six-axis sensor for gaming, up to 16GB of internal storage, Bluetooth, GPS, and Wi-Fi.

Samsung, the world's number two phone maker and number four smartphone maker, has a real winner with the Galaxy S. Even Google thought so when it allowed the company to use the Galaxy S as the base for the design of the Nexus S.

Permalink to story.

You must be on Tmobile like myself. Pretty depressing... a friend also bought Vibrant like 2 weeks after me in the fall with Verizon and it came with a camera flash and Froyo. Still a pretty nice phone.

With selling that many phone Samsung needs to get their **** together and release froyo...and then gingerbread soon! My Captivate are waiting for the goodness!

I've got Froyo on Galaxy S few weeks ago, but I'm still awaiting their announcement about upgrading it to Gingerbread. Anyway overall its a nice phone to own, but I read rumors that they are about to launch its successor in few months; so .........

Back