Samsung teases Galaxy S4, launch set for next week

Shawn Knight

Staff member

While the contents of Marsellus Wallace’s briefcase remain a mystery to this day, there’s little doubt as to what lurks inside a box that’s the center of Samsung’s new Unpacked teaser video. We’ll find out for sure on March 14 but I’ll let you in on a little hint right now – it’s the Galaxy S4.

The clip opens as an unseen executive is being driven to a top secret meeting regarding “one of the most amazing products to hit the market since TVs were in color.” We soon learn that the executive is Jeremy Maxwell, the “secret messenger” of Samsung’s Unpacked 2013 event – and more importantly, a child.

After initialing his life away, Jeremy is allowed one little peek at what’s inside – a glowing masterpiece a la the Pulp Fiction reference in the opener. The secret messenger is then allowed to take the package home where he closes the curtains and prepares to open the box… just as viewers are greeted with a “to be continued…” message and the clip’s conclusion.

We will likely see the conclusion to this teaser next week as Samsung is widely expected to unveil the successor to the Galaxy S III at a press event in New York City. The electronics giant hasn’t given any hints as to what the phone might look like or what hardware specifications it will carry although rumors point to an eight-core Exynos processor, an eight-core GPU, a 5-inch Super Amoled display, 2GB of system RAM and a 13-megapixel rear camera.

Permalink to story.

I guess this Phone wont be for me... I'm waaay over 10 yrs. :) Very bad teaser add for a High end phone, I guess.

Back