Sapphire HD 4830 black screen on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed a HD 4830 video card in my computer and when using an HDMI cable to boot the screen is black and there is no image. When using a DVI cable everything starts up fine. I can plug the HDMI cable in after I boot up and everything works fine including audio. Is there any idea on how to boot with only the HDMI cable????

I know how to fix the problem with nvidia card, but not ati based as I havnt owned one for 4 years, but you should be able to figure it out if you're familar with their software. hdmi isnt meant to be used on boot for a default device, so what you need to do is connect another monitor, via dvi, and after start up connect the hdmi monitor, now go into your control panel(its nvidia control panel for us green and black nvidia users) and you have to set the default monitor. Take note...this is not your regular control panel through windows, its the ati control panel(it may not be called this, I'll look it up) and you can set connected monitor devices to default monitors.

Even after I go in and select the monitor I want to use and step through the setup process and restart the computer it still wont boot with just the HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back