Sata 2 HD installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone

I need your to help install my sata 2 HD.
I have an Intel DQ35JO motherboard and i try to install a second HD Seagate 500gb Sata 2.
I have already a 80gb Sata1 drive My motherboard support only Sata1 HD but when i went to buy a second one at my local shop the salesman told me that i shouldn't have a problem at installation if i buy a Sata 2 Drive ( it should be recognized ). I installed it and when i boot my PC stuck and doesn't loading windows. I 've already tried to put a jumper at the disk but nothing happened. This is the second Sata 2 HD that i bought ( i thought that the first one was broken).

Does anyone knows why is this happening?

Thanks in advance

P.S Sorry for my english

I know you said you tried the jumper but in which position did you set it. The blue jumper should be towards the right side.

Meaning completly away from the SATA connector (The last 2 pins)

I know you said you tried the jumper but in which position did you set it. The blue jumper should be towards the right side.

Meaning completly away from the SATA connector (The last 2 pins)

There are four pins right? i put it towards the left side. At least this is what i saw on a picture at he net. Was i wrong?

Thanks for the tip.

My motherboards manual says that it support Serial ATA Drivers up 3.0 Gb/S

So i should not have a problem right?

I don't know what's wrong. I wiil try to install it on a different port and if something happened. This is realy a mess.

This what i found at my motherbords technical guide:

Many Serial ATA drives use new low-voltage power connectors and require adapters or
power supplies equipped with low-voltage power connectors

I think this is it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back