SATA problem solved but a bit concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rud3bwoy

So i bought my new 2 sea gate drives,and as before like i said the previous hds was randomly getting dced etc,now when i bought the new drives worked great then started to do the same thing as the previous drives,not being picked up in bios etc,then i decided to change the plug in my ultra x3 800 watt psu to a molex to sata connection,that worked picking up the hds no problem,

so does it sound like a wire issue or the psu giving the issue?cause as soon as i switched it to the molex to sata instead of the other sata connect in the utra x3 which uses different wires and different ports it worked.

a waste of 184 but i got better hds and i can just sell the 2 500 gig wd drives i got

Ok yes it does seem like a faulty Power Supply

Also you should have just replied to your original thread: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic107883.html
Instead of making this new one.

But oh well !

Anyway, if the molex do not cause any issue, then you could continue with them
I wish you had tried that before. I didn't suggest it, because it is uncommon (very uncommon), especially with two !

I guess what i should do is double check with my dvd rw cables uses the same connection as the sata seem to be dead before,just to double check to make sure i will put it into the same spot and test,to see if it is the psu or the cable.

I for got to add,when i connected the dvd rw drives to the what i think is broken cable it always worked

my theory is maybe that cable was not able to power up 2 hard drives or give it enough power and the molex to sata is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back