Scam?

TheDreams

Ok so while I was playing League of Legends, I received a phone call from 971-217-9508. This Asian sounding man(totally non-racial) told me that he worked for Microsoft(I think, couldn't understand him very well) he then went on to tell me that somehow I had malicious software on my computer that I had supposedly downloaded through gmail(you can't attach .exe's through gmail) and that he was looking at my computer screen and was gonna walk me through how to fix it(no company can just access my computer without a warrant/permission, right?) then he went on to tell me to click either control and hold the windows button down(couldn't understand him so I didn't know what to do) But then I said sorry can I talk to your supervisor. After that he said hold and someone answered seconds later(I could understand him) and he said are you the main owner of the computer(I answered no(my mom owns it)) then he told me he was looking at my desktop over there. I then said "really, you are? What is the picture of my wallpaper, with that he hung up on me."
I tried calling back but I received no answer. Has anyone else run into this type of thing, is it a scam?

Has anyone else run into this type of thing, is it a scam?
Yes it is a scam!

I've seen a video of a tech writer who was contacted this same way. The tech writer was curious about how it was possible and played along. I don't fully remember all the details though, but your description rings a loud bell in my mind.

They don't have access to your computer until they talk you into doing steps that open the door for them to do remote access. In other words they lie to you, in the off chance you would give them what they say they already have.

Back