Seagate shows off limited edition Cyberpunk 2077-themed SSD

nanoguy

Staff member
In brief: Seagate's latest Cyberpunk 2077-inspired merchandise is an SSD you can use to complete your Cyberpunk 2077-themed gaming rig. The company is only making 2,077 of these drives, but at least they're not the kind that miners of Chia crypto would want to use, as it's only rated for 1800 TB of write endurance.

Cyberpunk hype has wound down significantly after its release disappointed users of last generation consoles and failed to deliver on some of the promises made by developer CDPR. Still, that's not stopping manufacturers from coming up with Cyberpunk-themed PCs and components that fans can grab for their collection.

Seagate keeps riding this train with the announcement of the FireCuda 520 Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition. The company is making 2,077 of the drives, which is simply a prettier version of the FireCuda 520 SSD, which comes in an M.2 2280 form factor.

The FireCuda 520 was among the first PCIe 4.0 SSDs to become available, promising read and write speeds of up to 5,000 and 4,400 MB per second, respectively. This SE drive is no different from a performance perspective. Also, the regular FireCuda comes in 500 GB to 2 TB capacities, but the limited edition is 1 TB only.

If you want to install the FireCuda 520 CP Limited Edition SSD in your system, make sure you have enough clearance for the large yellow-neon heatsink. Seagate says it can reduce the drive's temperature by up to 22 degrees Celsius, and doesn't recommend taking it off as you could easily damage the drive while doing so.

The heatsink dimensions are 80.15 mm L x 22.9 mm W x 18.25 mm H, which includes a backlit Cyberpunk logo that you can control via the included 5-volt addressable RGB connection cable. Pricing hasn't been revealed yet, but seeing that the 1 TB FireCuda 520 is retailing for around $210, we can only assume Seagate's asking price will be north of that for the limited edition drive.

Permalink to story.

Before playing Cyberpunk, I didn't care about Cyberpunk themed peripherals and cases...

But AFTER playing through the game twice, I definitely love the theme enough to buy in.

1TB isn't enough. You should at least be packing a 2TB Limited Edition so that the average gamer can get away with just one of them. 4TB being much better.

Must be rough for all these companies to still have this promotional products planned and such when the game is basically already dead.

I don't even think DLC will bring it back to life simply because CDPR is just extremely quiet about fixing the game: as predicted they started strong with the patches then struggled to deliver the latest one which was a minor incremental fixes ones and nothing at all after what would have been produced after the hack and the source code is rumored to be out in the wild so I'm going with a quiet abandoning from CDPR management.

Must be rough for all these companies to still have this promotional products planned and such when the game is basically already dead.

I don't even think DLC will bring it back to life simply because CDPR is just extremely quiet about fixing the game: as predicted they started strong with the patches then struggled to deliver the latest one which was a minor incremental fixes ones and nothing at all after what would have been produced after the hack and the source code is rumored to be out in the wild so I'm going with a quiet abandoning from CDPR management.

Given how long it takes for CDPR to put these games out, they have to keep plugging away at 2077. They need to keep a steady stream of sales going like they had with Witcher 3.

Whether or not the game can be salvaged at all is another matter.

Given how long it takes for CDPR to put these games out, they have to keep plugging away at 2077. They need to keep a steady stream of sales going like they had with Witcher 3.

Whether or not the game can be salvaged at all is another matter.
In the past I would have agreed. But their management basically said they'll go in the opposite direction: work on multiple titles at the same time which is only done to shorten release cycles which in turn also means they'll be far more aggressive about abandoning a game post release.

Sorry but from all that they've said it doesn't looks like 2077 will get DLC that resembles Witcher 3 which was basically almost 2 more full blown games on their own.

It's a lot more likely they'll do like a few mission packs along with maybe a new area to explore which will feel even tinier since it will have less content on it and just move on.

#1 The game works fine on the PC.

#2 This game was NEVER going to work on the PS4 or Xbox One X. PS5 and Xbox Series X may get decent results, but they still pale in comparison to the PC.

I've pointed out several times: I started playing Cyberpunk from release night (even live streamed it) and my Experience (RTX 3090, core i9 extreme, 32GB, 8TH SSD) was in my rating an A-.

It was only the consoles that give it lower than a B.

...and people who couldn't get an RTX video card better than the 2080.

#3 Let's not overlook that the hardware itself looks really good.

My problem is that the hardware is only fit for basic entry-level gaming computers.

#1 The game works fine on the PC.

#2 This game was NEVER going to work on the PS4 or Xbox One X. PS5 and Xbox Series X may get decent results, but they still pale in comparison to the PC.

I've pointed out several times: I started playing Cyberpunk from release night (even live streamed it) and my Experience (RTX 3090, core i9 extreme, 32GB, 8TH SSD) was in my rating an A-.

It was only the consoles that give it lower than a B.

...and people who couldn't get an RTX video card better than the 2080.

#3 Let's not overlook that the hardware itself looks really good.

My problem is that the hardware is only fit for basic entry-level gaming computers.
Heck, you don't even need to have a RTX 3090, i9 extreme or a SSD to the 8TH degree. My aged and now modestly spec'd GTX 1080, i7 extreme, 32GB and simple 1TB M.2 SSD seemed to handle the game just fine with the settings I found to work best. But as always, glad you pointed this out and once again reminded us of your system specs.(y) (Y)

Heck, you don't even need to have a RTX 3090, i9 extreme or a SSD to the 8TH degree. My aged and now modestly spec'd GTX 1080, i7 extreme, 32GB and simple 1TB M.2 SSD seemed to handle the game just fine with the settings I found to work best. But as always, glad you pointed this out and once again reminded us of your system specs.(y) (Y)
But if you had an RTX 3090 you wouldn't have game breaking bugs everyone else had because the Ray-Tracing technology by NVIDIA(tm) fixes those issues as well. Quests just won't work with your old junker. Buy an NVIDIA today!

Also while performance was talked a lot about because of the PS4 and Xbone performance, most of the issues with the game were broken quests and glitches (Those were plentiful on the launch PC version as well) and more importantly, just missing features that were either promised or heavily implied pre-release to the point of being misleading.

But if you had an RTX 3090 you wouldn't have game breaking bugs everyone else had because the Ray-Tracing technology by NVIDIA(tm) fixes those issues as well. Quests just won't work with your old junker. Buy an NVIDIA today!
Darn, I wouldn't know, I had to experience the game RTX OFF, didn't know it fixed the glitchy NPCs, cut-scenes and most important of all could have spare my player the embarrassment of ridding his motorcycle standing up pantsless. :joy:

Also while performance was talked a lot about because of the PS4 and Xbone performance, most of the issues with the game were broken quests and glitches (Those were plentiful on the launch PC version as well) and more importantly, just missing features that were either promised or heavily implied pre-release to the point of being misleading.
I must have been really fortunate not to have any broken quests, I heard about those and was worried I'd get brick walled by one eventually however it never happened in my play through. All the glitches I experienced were minor as far as I was concerned, it did take away from the overall experience a little but to be honest I either got used to it or stopped caring eventually. I probably used the terrible AI to my advantage on several occasions as well.

So Seagate are releasing a small buggy AF NVMe SSD that will require multiple patches to work right and even then it'll still be glitchy AF

Back