Hi, I'm struggling with a problem. have a home built PC using an ASrock 775Dual VSTA mobo. Been working fine, installed XP which is upgraded to SP3. I installed the latest VIA and BIOS patches from the ASrock site and am up to date. I have 3 IDE drives and a DVD combo drive. It's been working fine for 3 years My son has filled up the disks so thought I'd add a 4th SATA disk ? Fitted a maxtor TM3250310AS 250Gb drive using one of the 2 free sata sockets. in the BIOS I set this to be no RAID. BIOS can see all the disks fine, including the SATA disk. However if I run the latest seatools for DOS (from the UBCD) is the latest version, it passes the short test but hangs the long test. the Long test sits at 0% complete forever and the LBA counter goes through 3-4 iterations then hangs. I'm not clear if this is expected, I'd guess not under XP, the formatting of the drive failed. I returned the disk and got a replacement. Same thing happened, so replaced again, same thing. So I doub't it's the disk. The last disk was formatted in the shop, and XP can see the disk, but if I do anything with it, I get VIA error messages in the system event log and long pauses where the PC is unresponsive. i read that you have to reduce the SATA to SATA1 with jumpers for the VIA VT8237 chipset, which the mobo uses. tried that , no difference. I have googled this extensively and have not found a problem like this. Either nothing works (drive unseen) or it's fine. Mine almost works. While I think I have to use the VIA driver, I'm not running RAID, and I have RAID disabled in the BIOS. if I run Seatools for Windows almost all tests are listed as "unavailable" and generic tests all fail.